[Q] Moto G HSPA+ ATT speeds

OP coollkidd

17th March 2014, 04:45 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Chicago
Thanks Meter: 5

23 posts
More
Hey, I have a Moto G (XT1032) international version. I was wondering how everyone's data speeds were, I am using the "phone" apn and where I live (IL, US) I get 0.1-3mbps. I don't think im getting the speeds i should be getting on ATT's HSPA+ network. I've heard of the enhanced backhaul and how it increases speeds but I don't really know anything about it. Any suggestions?
17th March 2014, 04:56 AM   |  #2  
San Diego
Thanks Meter: 40

194 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by coollkidd

Hey, I have a Moto G (XT1032) international version. I was wondering how everyone's data speeds were, I am using the "phone" apn and where I live (IL, US) I get 0.1-3mbps. I don't think im getting the speeds i should be getting on ATT's HSPA+ network. I've heard of the enhanced backhaul and how it increases speeds but I don't really know anything about it. Any suggestions?

Download Phone Testing by Diewland in Playstore and set preferred network to "WCDMA ONLY" this will keep it on 3G. I assume its on 2g hence the slow dataspeeds.
The Following User Says Thank You to serophia For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th March 2014, 05:16 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Chicago
Thanks Meter: 5

23 posts
More
Moto G ATT HSPA+ speeds
Quote:
Originally Posted by serophia

Download Phone Testing by Diewland in Playstore and set preferred network to "WCDMA ONLY" this will keep it on 3G. I assume its on 2g hence the slow dataspeeds.

Thanks serophia, I ran a speed test right after that and I got 3mbps download, which is much better then what I was getting but I was looking for the 5-6mbps that other people get on their hspa+ smartphones
17th March 2014, 07:00 AM   |  #4  
San Diego
Thanks Meter: 40

194 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by coollkidd

Thanks serophia, I ran a speed test right after that and I got 3mbps download, which is much better then what I was getting but I was looking for the 5-6mbps that other people get on their hspa+ smartphones

Your probably in a congested area, i also get around 3 mbps near my house but downtown area i get up to 7 mbps highest i ever gotten was 9.74.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread