Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,879 Members 43,921 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Moto G otg support

Tip us?
 
Debanka
Old
#1  
Debanka's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 13
Join Date: Sep 2013
Default Moto G otg support

So when I connect the otg cable and my pendrive, in the notification bar the external storage notification comes, but when I click on that it says empty disc or unsupported content. But I have still checked with just one video file and its still not opening. nor es file explorer can detect my pendrive. And even after I remove the pendrive the notification is still there and it doesn't go until I reboot my phone. Please help.
Sent from my Moto G
 
neu - smurph
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 47
Posts: 182
Join Date: May 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debanka View Post
So when I connect the otg cable and my pendrive, in the notification bar the external storage notification comes, but when I click on that it says empty disc or unsupported content. But I have still checked with just one video file and its still not opening. nor es file explorer can detect my pendrive. And even after I remove the pendrive the notification is still there and it doesn't go until I reboot my phone. Please help.
Sent from my Moto G
What format is the pendrive? I'm don't think the Moto G supports anything other than FAT32.
 
Phenom2
Old
#3  
Phenom2's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 16
Posts: 264
Join Date: Feb 2010
When I plug in my USBkey with an OTG cable nothing happen on my Moto G, no notification at all, nothing more in storage

This was working great on my Ascend P6 and on my LG GPAD8.3


I'm on stock GPE firmware, any help ? I don't want to use third party apps, just want the stock otg support
 
liveroy
Old
#4  
liveroy's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 48
Posts: 224
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Stara Zagora

 
DONATE TO ME
What FS does your flashdrive has?As you've been told above, make sure it's in FAT32 and not NTFS, exFAT or something else.
Mental issues lead to the use of long signatures

Care much for receiving Thanks?Bitching at the others about it doesn't help, instead better stfu and gtfo.
 
Phenom2
Old
#5  
Phenom2's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 16
Posts: 264
Join Date: Feb 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by liveroy View Post
What FS does your flashdrive has?As you've been told above, make sure it's in FAT32 and not NTFS, exFAT or something else.

It is FAT32

ES file explorer show me a dozen of "usbdisk_1.0" "usbdick_1.1" ... "usbdisk_1.7"

Tried with multiples files explorer



Tried Stickmount OTG, no sucess
 
liveroy
Old
#6  
liveroy's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 48
Posts: 224
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Stara Zagora

 
DONATE TO ME
Try with another flash drive then, see if that works.
btw. which model if Moto G you've got and is it on KK 176.44.1?
Mental issues lead to the use of long signatures

Care much for receiving Thanks?Bitching at the others about it doesn't help, instead better stfu and gtfo.
 
angellgtz
Old
#7  
angellgtz's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 17
Posts: 39
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Mexicali
moto g has OTG support ? : O
 
neu - smurph
Old
(Last edited by neu - smurph; 16th March 2014 at 09:27 AM.)
#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 47
Posts: 182
Join Date: May 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by angellgtz View Post
moto g has OTG support ? : O
All Moto G's have OTG support, not all have OTG USB storage support....

GPE Moto G - Don't know - possibly not as Nexus devices don't without 3rd party app (Nexus Media Importer)

Single Sim Moto G variants (maybe not all) - on original Jelly Bean Roms yes, the initial OTA to KitKat removed support without third party app, recent OTA to 176.44.1 (174.44.1 for US models) added it back again.

Dual Sim Moto G variants (maybe not all) - as far as I can tell from forum posts have always had OTG USB support.
 
Debanka
Old
#9  
Debanka's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 13
Join Date: Sep 2013
Yeah I have just checked.it is ntfs. is there a way to determine the file system of a pendrive before buying?or can I change this to fat32??

Sent from my Moto G
 
reversegear
Old
#10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 392
Posts: 874
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debanka View Post
Yeah I have just checked.it is ntfs. is there a way to determine the file system of a pendrive before buying?or can I change this to fat32??

Sent from my Moto G
you can reformat it to FAT32 file system using with a PC
with Android since Froyo

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes