Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Question cant boot/install custom recovery!

OP tenjou_89

16th March 2014, 09:10 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 16

125 posts
i already tried flashing twrp and cwm. everytime i choose "recovery" in the bootloader menu, the phone just boots stock recovery! this is really confusing because i erased the partition everytime! before flashing the images, i typed:

fastboot erase recovery
fastboot flash recovery cwm.img

then, without rebooting, i went down and selected "recovery" option.. and the phone just went over to stock recovery!! i dont have a clue of what is happening. please help me i want to revive my phone, i come from here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=51135569
16th March 2014, 10:07 PM   |  #2  
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 80

143 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenjou_89

i already tried flashing twrp and cwm. everytime i choose "recovery" in the bootloader menu, the phone just boots stock recovery! this is really confusing because i erased the partition everytime! before flashing the images, i typed:

fastboot erase recovery
fastboot flash recovery cwm.img

then, without rebooting, i went down and selected "recovery" option.. and the phone just went over to stock recovery!! i dont have a clue of what is happening. please help me i want to revive my phone, i come from here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=51135569

How did you select recovery in boot loader? To select you need to press volume up. If you use power button it will just reboot. I did same thing 4 times until I noticed volume IP was select button

Sent from my Moto G using Tapatalk
17th March 2014, 01:52 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 16

125 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robt77

How did you select recovery in boot loader? To select you need to press volume up. If you use power button it will just reboot. I did same thing 4 times until I noticed volume IP was select button

Sent from my Moto G using Tapatalk

yes, i did select it with the proper keys. volume down to scroll, vol up to select.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
custom, cwm, moto, moto g, twrp
Previous Thread Next Thread