Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,372 Members 39,678 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

cant boot/install custom recovery!

Tip us?

tenjou_89
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Question cant boot/install custom recovery!

i already tried flashing twrp and cwm. everytime i choose "recovery" in the bootloader menu, the phone just boots stock recovery! this is really confusing because i erased the partition everytime! before flashing the images, i typed:

fastboot erase recovery
fastboot flash recovery cwm.img

then, without rebooting, i went down and selected "recovery" option.. and the phone just went over to stock recovery!! i dont have a clue of what is happening. please help me i want to revive my phone, i come from here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=51135569

robt77
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenjou_89 View Post
i already tried flashing twrp and cwm. everytime i choose "recovery" in the bootloader menu, the phone just boots stock recovery! this is really confusing because i erased the partition everytime! before flashing the images, i typed:

fastboot erase recovery
fastboot flash recovery cwm.img

then, without rebooting, i went down and selected "recovery" option.. and the phone just went over to stock recovery!! i dont have a clue of what is happening. please help me i want to revive my phone, i come from here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=51135569
How did you select recovery in boot loader? To select you need to press volume up. If you use power button it will just reboot. I did same thing 4 times until I noticed volume IP was select button

Sent from my Moto G using Tapatalk

tenjou_89
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by robt77 View Post
How did you select recovery in boot loader? To select you need to press volume up. If you use power button it will just reboot. I did same thing 4 times until I noticed volume IP was select button

Sent from my Moto G using Tapatalk
yes, i did select it with the proper keys. volume down to scroll, vol up to select.
Tags
custom, cwm, moto, moto g, twrp