Post Reply

Installing CM11 on Stock Nook HD+

16th March 2014, 07:17 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Chesapeake
Thanks Meter: 3
 
37 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
More
Hard to find a good step by step guide on here.

I have a stock 32GB nook HD+ 2.2.0 and want to install CM11 on the internal memory. Started reading this tutorial http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2062613 but getting a little lost. Whats the difference between the emmc version and the non emmc? Are they just different version for running CM on sd card instead of the internal memory like the old nooks?


Do I need to root first or is cm11 already rooted, if so how? getting lost on all these tutorials.


I have a 4GB microSD should I use the 4gb version on the stock small?

So here's what I am thinking for the internal nook install.

Use win 32disk imager and format the sdcard using the NookHDplus-bootable-CWM-6028-for-stock-small-rev4-(05.15.13) or 4gb image?

Then transfer cm-11-20140118-UNOFFICIAL-ovation-emmc.zip or cm-11-20140118-UNOFFICIAL-ovation-sdcard.zip to the sd card still zipped up and use CWM recovery to flash it? I'm thinking the stock small CWM should be used so I can fit the CM zip on the 4gb sd card.
16th March 2014, 09:57 PM   |  #2  
leapinlar's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,630
 
8,309 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2006
Donate to Me
More
Do not follow that guide for installing CM11. That is for stock mods. There are two other guides for putting CM11 on internal memory.

Here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2602796

Or here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2679899

And yes you can run CM11 either on emmc (internal memory) or on SD, just like the older Nooks. Those guides above are for installing to internal. Be sure to use the correct version zip for the one you want.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app
Last edited by leapinlar; 16th March 2014 at 10:02 PM.
17th March 2014, 12:57 AM   |  #3  
OP Member
Chesapeake
Thanks Meter: 3
 
37 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by leapinlar

Do not follow that guide for installing CM11. That is for stock mods. There are two other guides for putting CM11 on internal memory.

Here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2602796

Or here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2679899

And yes you can run CM11 either on emmc (internal memory) or on SD, just like the older Nooks. Those guides above are for installing to internal. Be sure to use the correct version zip for the one you want.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app

Prefect! Exactly what i needed

One question though the link here verygreen’s flashable CWM recovery zip file cwm-recovery-ovation-6.zip (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...22&postcount=1) the files in there are called "cm-11-20140118-UNOFFICIAL-ovation-emmc.zip" not CWM Clockworkmod.
Last edited by pollardhimself; 17th March 2014 at 01:07 AM.
17th March 2014, 03:14 AM   |  #4  
leapinlar's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,630
 
8,309 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2006
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollardhimself

Prefect! Exactly what i needed

One question though the link here verygreen’s flashable CWM recovery zip file cwm-recovery-ovation-6.zip (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...22&postcount=1) the files in there are called "cm-11-20140118-UNOFFICIAL-ovation-emmc.zip" not CWM Clockworkmod.

I don't understand your question. What files, where? You might best ask those questions on the thread you are following.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app
17th March 2014, 01:26 PM   |  #5  
OP Member
Chesapeake
Thanks Meter: 3
 
37 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by leapinlar

I don't understand your question. What files, where? You might best ask those questions on the thread you are following.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app

Ahh I didnt see the cwm-recovery-ovation-6.zip on the link he listed but I found it im good
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Nook HD, HD+ Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank