Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,072 Members 47,074 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] LG G2 D802 Won't turn on because of full wipe data

Tip us?

kamran00f
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] LG G2 D802 Won't turn on because of full wipe data

Hi, i wast trying to install a new custom rom (AOKP) on my LG G2 D802, so i rooted my phone and then installed TWRP and had a copy of custom rom zip file in my internal SD card.
But unfortunately and out of stupidity or lack of experience or something like that, i tought i have to wipe all the data on my phone. So i checked all the checkboxes in wipe data section (System, dalvik, etc) and then wiped everything and now my phone won't turn on and stucks on the LG logo.
i can go to TWRP but the Custom rom zip file is gone, and G2 does not have any external SD card slot. if it had one i could copy the zip file on the sd and flash it in TWRP. My pc does not recognize my phone and i can not copy anything on that.
I think it's worth mentioning that i backed up my phone before that (when it was on stock rom and working) and i have the back up on my pc, but how can i copy that in my phone's internal sd card?!

Can anyone plz help me? I really dont know what to do now!

corrsea
Old
Thanks Meter 608
Get an otg cable and use a flash drive or card reader with it.

LgG2 d802 running Sotmax V4 ROM
The Following User Says Thank You to corrsea For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kamran00f
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by corrsea View Post
Get an otg cable and use a flash drive or card reader with it.

LgG2 d802 running Sotmax V4 ROM
wow! that was smart! I will try it when i get home, i have an otg cable at home, thanks for your reply.

maydayind
Old
Thanks Meter 57
Or just flash a kdz with lg tool. And start over
The Following User Says Thank You to maydayind For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kamran00f
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
using OTG with a flash doesn not seem to work.
I'm going to use the stock rom as you said, thanks.

Jinsuke32
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamran00f View Post
using OTG with a flash doesn not seem to work.
I'm going to use the stock rom as you said, thanks.
You could try and use sideload to flash the file through a usb a cable
The Following User Says Thank You to Jinsuke32 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kamran00f
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinsuke32 View Post
You could try and use sideload to flash the file through a usb a cable
I can not use adb sideload or adb push because my pc does not recognize my phone as an adb device. I have installed LG drivers (LGUnitedMobileDriver_S50MAN310AP22_ML_WHQL_Ver_3. 10.1.exe) but it seems there is something wrong with my drivers. I see a warning icon in the device manager for LGD-D802 and in adb push or adb sideload i get Device not found error, do u know how can i fix that?

linjes
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamran00f View Post
I can not use adb sideload or adb push because my pc does not recognize my phone as an adb device. I have installed LG drivers (LGUnitedMobileDriver_S50MAN310AP22_ML_WHQL_Ver_3. 10.1.exe) but it seems there is something wrong with my drivers. I see a warning icon in the device manager for LGD-D802 and in adb push or adb sideload i get Device not found error, do u know how can i fix that?
There is a thread somewhere tracing thou do install adb drivers for twrp, I have no idea where it is though. Basically you have to go to device manager and manually select the driver, it should be under Google and some drover under that.. Just search for the thread hahaha

Sent from my LG-D802 using xda app-developers app

superandroid2011
Old
Thanks Meter 22
I also did this. Formatted internal SD when on TWRP.
The solution was to put the phone in download mode and recovery it (flash stock rom) through LG Support Tool.

kamran00f
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
I installed adb drivers itself instead of lg drivers and then i was able to push files in my phone using adb push.
i used sideload and flashed the ROM.
Thanks for the help.