Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,351 Members 41,377 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Which GB rom and kernel are the best for gaming?

Tip us?
 
sekuza009
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 10
Join Date: Mar 2014
Default [Q] Which GB rom and kernel are the best for gaming?

My question is the same as the title, but I'm kind of confused as to which rom for GB is for gaming. I know about Xperia NXT Gaming edition and Bane of Speed, but I just can't figure out which would run the best. The same thing goes for with the kernels. If anyone could help, I would appreciate it muchly. Thanks!
 
xdarkmario
Old
#2  
xdarkmario's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 291
Posts: 943
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by sekuza009 View Post
My question is the same as the title, but I'm kind of confused as to which rom for GB is for gaming. I know about Xperia NXT Gaming edition and Bane of Speed, but I just can't figure out which would run the best. The same thing goes for with the kernels. If anyone could help, I would appreciate it muchly. Thanks!
im also trying to figure this out, lupus GB is giving me a bunch of issues...
CREATOR OF THE XDark ICS ROM
 
HEZAiKU
Old
#3  
HEZAiKU's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 17
Posts: 211
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Tangkak
what types of game that u really want to play if u get a gaming rom?
SONY ERICSSON XPERIA PLAY
SO-01D 4.0.1.C.1.21 +
 
r0c0
Old
#4  
Member
Thanks Meter 12
Posts: 56
Join Date: Jul 2007
I agree, there are way too many roms and kernels for the xplay, even though i was pretty happy with my debloated stock rom, it still didnt had recovery or the ability to overclock/tweak so i decided to first try a kernel: doomkernel v14. It is only the kernel so you can keep everything (apps&data) including the rom and still tweak it. I also installed V6 supercharger script but this might be too complicated to configure for most. So i suggest, first try doomkernel v14, it gives you recovery so you can flash any rom you want if you are still not satisfied with it.
 
darkharbinger81
Old
#5  
darkharbinger81's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 475
Posts: 1,054
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Iowa home of Slipkknot
Quote:
Originally Posted by r0c0 View Post
I agree, there are way too many roms and kernels for the xplay, even though i was pretty happy with my debloated stock rom, it still didnt had recovery or the ability to overclock/tweak so i decided to first try a kernel: doomkernel v14. It is only the kernel so you can keep everything (apps&data) including the rom and still tweak it. I also installed V6 supercharger script but this might be too complicated to configure for most. So i suggest, first try doomkernel v14, it gives you recovery so you can flash any rom you want if you are still not satisfied with it.
Right now I have the I. T rom that was based off cola with doom lord CDMA 233 kernel over clocked max 2.0 min 368 no option and smartassv2 it runs both gta 3 and vice city my nes and snes emulators resident evil port using psxperia and ppsspp to play Final Fantasy crisis core it lags a little in ppsspp but over all its great for the games
Sent from my ADR6300 using xda app-developers app
Iowa Home Of SLIPKNOT






 
sekuza009
Old
#6  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 10
Join Date: Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by HEZAiKU View Post
what types of game that u really want to play if u get a gaming rom?
Like, emulation and other straining things. I'm also thinking about overclocking and getting an extended battery too, but I don't want it to explode from overclocking. I'm thinking about trying 1.6 ghz at first and trying it at 1.8. :P
 
sekuza009
Old
#7  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 10
Join Date: Mar 2014
Any suggestions from anyone?
 
fliperpl
Old
#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 28
Posts: 241
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Cracow
Quote:
Originally Posted by sekuza009 View Post
Any suggestions from anyone?
Gin2KitKat 3.1 + lupus V12 works perfectly for me.
PC:
CPU: Athlon II X3 455 @ 3.48ghz + CM HyperTX3 / MOBO: Gigabyte GA-M770T-UD3P / RAM: A-data DDR3 2x2gb 1600mhz Game v2 / GPU: Palit GTX275 / PSU : OCZ SXS2 600W / CASE : Brutus 410 / Headphones: Superlux HD668b / Speakers : Genius SP-HF1800A / Mouse: Genius Maurus / SoundCard Soundblaster Xi-Fi Xtreme Music / Keyboard: Dell KB212-B / Monitor: Acer G245HQ

Mobile
Sony Ericsson Xperia Play
Sony Live with Walkman WT19
 
sekuza009
Old
#9  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 10
Join Date: Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by fliperpl View Post
Gin2KitKat 3.1 + lupus V12 works perfectly for me.
Huh. So it works good for gaming?
 
HUEguy
Old
#10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 8
Posts: 23
Join Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by sekuza009 View Post
Any suggestions from anyone?
Ultimate HD v6 is the best one I ever tryed, you can easily get 150mb free ram with whatsapp and messenger open, when you use greenify is 213mb. And also this rom have great battery life even overclocked at 1,2 , this ROM is good for daily use and gaming(emulators and android games in general).

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Mod Lets You Have Stereo Speakers on Your Sony Xperia Z1 (Sort Of)

The stereo speakers onthe Sony Xperia Z2areprobably a relatively large … more

Give Your Screen Some Color with HexaTime Live Wallpaper

We don’t often cover very many live wallpapers here on the XDA Portal. You may … more

Android Wear App Review: Command Google Now with Commandr – XDA Developer TV

OK Google. Make Me a sandwich. How many times have you … more

Play Your Hits and Learn the Lyrics with NextGen Music Player

There are plenty of music players for Android available in Play Store. They … more