Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,356 Members 39,139 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Chromecast restarting

Tip us?

catexecutive
Old
(Last edited by catexecutive; 28th February 2014 at 01:30 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Chromecast restarting

I'm watching a media file on my Nexus 7 (Cyanogenmod) using LocalCast or a similiar app (doesn't matter which one) and after a random time period, Chomecast just restarts (?). At least it shows the spinning Chrome-icon and afterwards the default standby-wallpapers.

My router and wi-fi are fine, my tablet is fine.

Maybe it's the fault of my ROM, who knows. I just want to ask people how they fixed it if they had the same problem.

bhiga
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 847

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by catexecutive View Post
I'm watching a media file on my Nexus 7 (Cyanogenmod) using LocalCast or a similiar app (doesn't matter which one) and after a random time period, Chomecast just restarts (?). At least it shows the spinning Chrome-icon and afterwards the default standby-wallpapers.

My router and wi-fi are fine, my tablet is fine.

Maybe it's the fault of my ROM, who knows. I just want to ask people how they fixed it if they had the same problem.
Does it happen for all videos, or only certain ones?
Also, is your Chromecast in an enclosed area or near a heat source (yes, the TV counts)?
Chromecast threads: FAQ - READ THIS FIRST! / Rootable Serial Numbers | Root Mini-FAQ | FlashCast flashing Mini-FAQ
BYO powered OTG cable | WiFi Bandwidth and Router considerations | Not all 1080p/720p is same
Search Tip: Google search terms site:forum.xda-developers.com for only XDA forum results. Example
Follow the rules / Use 'Search' before posting / Post in the correct sections / Do not spam the board / Press thanks, don't post 'Thanks'

venki5star
Old
Thanks Meter 18
It happened to mine too once in last week. I am using tablet z stock. And I was watching YouTube only. And for few days the YouTube app in chrome cast crashing random while watching.

Sent from my SGP321 using XDA Premium HD app

catexecutive
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhiga View Post
Does it happen for all videos, or only certain ones?
Also, is your Chromecast in an enclosed area or near a heat source (yes, the TV counts)?
To all videos and my Chromecast isn't near any heat source or similiar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by venki5star View Post
It happened to mine too once in last week. I am using tablet z stock. And I was watching YouTube only. And for few days the YouTube app in chrome cast crashing random while watching.

Did you get the spinning Chrome-logo-ball as well?

Thank you both for answering.

venki5star
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
To all videos and my Chromecast isn't near any heat source or similiar.

Did you get the spinning Chrome-logo-ball as well?

Thank you both for answering.
Yes. That happened couple of days before one time. Today it's free crashing while playing videos on YouTube. I am tired of watching this.

bhiga
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 847

DONATE TO ME
If you aren't using wall power, highly recommend switching to it, at least to reduce variables. Also try factory reset in case some internal settings have become corrupt.
Wish there was a way to force re-update of firmware for stock but I don't know of any.

Sent from a device with no keyboard. Please forgive typos, they may not be my own.
Chromecast threads: FAQ - READ THIS FIRST! / Rootable Serial Numbers | Root Mini-FAQ | FlashCast flashing Mini-FAQ
BYO powered OTG cable | WiFi Bandwidth and Router considerations | Not all 1080p/720p is same
Search Tip: Google search terms site:forum.xda-developers.com for only XDA forum results. Example
Follow the rules / Use 'Search' before posting / Post in the correct sections / Do not spam the board / Press thanks, don't post 'Thanks'

venki5star
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
If you aren't using wall power, highly recommend switching to it, at least to reduce variables. Also try factory reset in case some internal settings have become corrupt.
Wish there was a way to force re-update of firmware for stock but I don't know of any.

Sent from a device with no keyboard. Please forgive typos, they may not be my own.
Did the factory reset. Not helping. To me its sounds problem on google services. But who knows.

catexecutive
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:

Did both, sadly didn't help. Since venki5star is using a Stock OS, it doesn't seem to be a problem of my Cyanogenmod-installation. But who knows.

bhiga
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 847

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Did both, sadly didn't help. Since venki5star is using a Stock OS, it doesn't seem to be a problem of my Cyanogenmod-installation. But who knows.
Difficult to say, unfortunately. Keep us updated.

venki5star
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
I am concluding this as Google end issues. It worked better yesterday evening. Now from today morning, YouTube app started crashing again. Will try other services and let you guys know.

---------- Post added at 03:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:34 AM ----------

Works perfectly with local files through BubbleUPnP. Definitely problem in YouTube service.