Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,743,085 Members 43,683 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Samsung Galaxy s4 question about restoring to factory image

Tip us?

petsnsac
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Samsung Galaxy s4 question about restoring to factory image

Hi, I recently tried to root my friends s4 (Sprint) SPH-L720. I have KitKat 4.4.2 installed and I used a odin method. When I performed the root everything seemed to work, but when the phone rebooted the SuperSU app comes up saying "There is no SU binary installed, and SuperSu cannot install it". and when I try to activate my wifi it says "Your phone's security has blocked an action that is not permitted"
I just want his phone to work again at this point and don't care if it's rooted or not. If someone could help me with restoring the original firmware, or get the root to work whichever easier. I have downloaded the original Sprint s4 firmware but when I try to install it with odin it gets to the point where it says "get pit for mapping" and then just says "removed!!!".

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

FanOfSkynyrd
Old
Thanks Meter 83
Which root method did you use?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using xda app-developers app

cruise350
Old
Thanks Meter 576
You are using an older version of cf autoroot, go to chainfire's site and make sure you have the newest version of cf autoroot. Run it again, sometimes takes a couple of tries to get it to stick. Also, try downloading supersu from the play store after running cf autoroot if it fails. As far as the security message goes, you just need to accept the security policy update when it appears don't cancel it. Good luck!

If you do want to go back to stock, you have to make sure you have the correct stock NAE tar file, you can find it here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2663619 I recommend odin 3.07 or newer with MK2 or NAE software.
Phones & Tablets: Galaxy S4, Galaxy Note 8", Evo 4g LTE, Evo 3D, Acer Iconia A500, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, Ipad 2, Nabi 2,

Rom: Rooted Stock Odexed, Hotspot Mod, Xposed, Wanum, several other xposed tweaks
Firmware: NAE
Kernel: Stock
TWRP: 2.7.1.0

petsnsac
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
When ever I try to flash, I get the Fail box with the message "get pit for mapping" then "Failed"
This same thing has happened with everything I try.
Please see the attached image.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	29
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	2636018  

leaderbuilder
Old
Thanks Meter 1233
Quote:
Originally Posted by petsnsac View Post
When ever I try to flash, I get the Fail box with the message "get pit for mapping" then "Failed"
This same thing has happened with everything I try.
Please see the attached image.
Are you running Odin 'as administrator'?
* MK2/NAE ROMs * NAE Modem * 4.3/4.4 Kernels * MF9 Bootloader *

if you've found any of my blathering useful, there is a thanks button that can be hit.

petsnsac
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by leaderbuilder View Post
Are you running Odin 'as administrator'?
yes
When I originally rooted It didn't fully work, and my friend updated to 4.4.2 Kit Kat after the root. I forgot to put in that critical information.

petsnsac
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Well, I did so more research and found another post on another forum that suggested I use the back usb ports instead of the front. That did the trick! Thanks so much for all your help, and I hope this wasn't too much of a NOOBsance.