Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,414 Members 53,854 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How do you keep yourself content with your Note 3?

Tip us?

droidian1441
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 121
Default [Q] How do you keep yourself content with your Note 3?

Hey there.

So I honestly am pretty bored with the Note 3. Maybe it's because I've come from phones with ROMs out the rear end to flash or it could be where I don't do anything too special with my phone (homescreen setups, themes, etc).

I flash ROMs and all that, but I still find myself bored with the phone.

So I ask, if you were ever bored with your phone, without moving to a different device, how did you get yourself content with your device again?

--Sam
The Following User Says Thank You to droidian1441 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lmike6453
Old
Thanks Meter 316
Gaming

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Verizon Galaxy Note 3 - JB 4.3

Tada10
Old
Thanks Meter 133
To be content with my Note 3 first I had to be thankful I even own one. Just like anything I own. Be happy with what you got because some people are happy to just have water.

I had to work really hard to get anything I suppose just gives me a different perspective in things.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Tada10 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

beepea206
Old
Thanks Meter 173
Nova Launcher helps break the stock monotony for me. I'm a serial rommer, so we'll see how long it takes me to get mad with not romming my Note. Lol

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to beepea206 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ronaldheld
Old
Thanks Meter 84
I am fairly content but am waiting for the note 4.
The Following User Says Thank You to ronaldheld For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

danthepunman
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Master Tasker

The Following User Says Thank You to danthepunman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

droidian1441
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tada10 View Post
To be content with my Note 3 first I had to be thankful I even own one. Just like anything I own. Be happy with what you got because some people are happy to just have water.

I had to work really hard to get anything I suppose just gives me a different perspective in things.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2
Thank you for that.

Phone: Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II
Baseband: I605VRALJB
Recovery: TWRP 2.6.3.0
Bootloader Status: Unlocked
The Following User Says Thank You to droidian1441 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jjewell
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Continually checking to see if the bootloader has been unlocked so I can finally run cm11 on what should be a rocket ship of a phone but isn't. Because samsung.
The Following User Says Thank You to jjewell For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mexiking713
Old
Thanks Meter 209
Im content just to have such a bad ass phone that can haddle pretty much and app or game I throw at it. I had the Note 2 for a year and then i switched to the HTC One. It was an awesome phone with awesome sound but I missed the big screen. My note 3 is stock rooted and I love it. I install a new clock widget every now and then but my phone is mostly stock. All I need is Kit Kat.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 💋
Current Phone: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (Black)
Rom: JasmineROM
Recovery: SafeStrap
Memory: 32GB internal + 64GB Sandisk MicroSDXC
Case: UAG Navigator, Trident Aegis (Black) & Otterbox Commuter (Black)
Screen protector: Nillkin Tempered Glass

lmike6453
Old
Thanks Meter 316
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjewell View Post
Continually checking to see if the bootloader has been unlocked so I can finally run cm11 on what should be a rocket ship of a phone but isn't. Because samsung.
Don't you mean "because Verizon"?
But yeah, other things that keep me content with my phone besides gaming is Xposed MODs, and SNote for keeping score for Spades in real life...making use of it as "useful" rather than "playful"
Verizon Galaxy Note 3 - JB 4.3