Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,951 Members 52,562 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Karbonn A1+ Stock rom and Stock rom rooted

Tip us?
 
ch3than
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 68
Posts: 69
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: banglore
Phone Karbonn A1+ Stock rom and Stock rom rooted

Hei friends this my second post on chinies karbonn A1+

Today im gonna show u show go back Stock rom

or
unbrick Karbonn A1+

And i hve made 2 parts Here 1. stock rom 2.stock rom rooted

So 1st how to get back to stock rom

lets start

fashing software: http://dc391.4shared.com/download/jm...43612-6c2b7d49

S/w link for New H/W version : 2.0.2 : http://www.sendspace.com/file/2b5snn

S/w link for Old H/W version : 2.0.3: http://www.sendspace.com/file/qch6va

How to flash:
select flashfile in flasher
power off set

stat ...connect cable.....and press power on


PART 2

So, let me try to explain the outcome of my work and how to flash the ROM into this device.

First of all, I want to say thanks to pogodancer for his help in my investigation and for providing me the software for flashing the device, as I couldn't get any version to work.

So, getting to the point, I have created 2 versions of the firmware:

Standard Stock ROM - Rooted
This is mostly a copy of the stock rom of the device with the following changes:

- SU binaries included
- SuperUser app added

As the ROM is rooted, you can now mount as RW the /system folder and change anything you want.

Link to the firmware:http://199.91.152.132/78ww1kb2rncg/4...0_v01_Root.zip


Modded Stock ROM - Rooted
This is a modified version of the rom I have done to clean the device from unwanted and chinese software and to add some missing apps. Details are:

- SU binaries included
- SuperUser app added
- Ayu_Sales.apk (CAIVS) application removed
- Go Keyboard (and all its language plugins) removed
- Default Launchers (there were 2) and theme removed.
- ADW Launcher added
- GMail added
- Google Talk added
- Gallery3D substituted by Cool 3D Gallery

And that should be all.

Link to firmware:http://199.91.152.49/yseacg4cwdkg/8i....0_v01_Mod.zip


Now, for the flashing software, the link to get it is: http://www.mediafire.com/?o9km8vl287ev24j

Instructions for flashing, from pogodancer, are:

Quote:
0. Be sure to have installed the correct drivers. For my SC6820-device I see 5 items in Win7-32bit-device-manager (ADB-Composite, 2 x COM-ports, 2 x USB devices: all without exclamation marks). You can use the drivers from the package folder "SCI-android-usb-driver-jungo-v4-.rar".

1. Disable just in case your Win7 firewall.

2. Launch "ChannelServer.exe" from package folder "CHANNELSERVER" and allow firewall if asked.

3. Start "ResearchDownload.exe" from package folder "ResearchDownload".

4. In ResearchDownload-application chose firmware with first button (for me: 6820_2.3.5_c910_hteng_s5_en_4.0_v01.pac).

5. Be sure that the Baudrate from Win7-Device-Manager-Comports-Settings in CHANNELSERVER equals the Baudrate-settings in ResearchDownload-Settings (second button). I recommend 115.200.

6. Press the Start (Play) button in ResearchDownload-application (third button).

7. Turn off the phone.

8. Keep holding the "- volume" key.

9. Without releasing the button "- volume" plug the usb-cord from phone to Win7 (install the driver if not done before in step 0).

10. The process of firmware-burning should start now in ResearchDownload-application and take approximately 1 Minute. You can release the Vol.Button once it starts.

11. Wait until the firmware-flashing has been finished (A green sign appeares + "Passed" is written in ResearchDownload-application).

12. Remove the battery, wait 20 seconds. Put battery back and turn on the phone (first boot may take a while but not more than 5 minutes).
Please note that I have flashed the phone it in a Windows XP virtualbox machine and I realized I didn't need the CHANNELSERVER application, so I went directly to step 3.


Cheers.

And my last post is coming soon ics for Karbonn A1+

After im moving to Sony Xperia Sp fourm

See u soon.........Bye
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ch3than For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
iPanther
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 8
Posts: 146
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Navi Mumbai

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ch3than View Post
Hei friends this my second post on chinies karbonn A1+

Today im gonna show u show go back Stock rom

or
unbrick Karbonn A1+

And i hve made 2 parts Here 1. stock rom 2.stock rom rooted

So 1st how to get back to stock rom

lets start

fashing software: http://dc391.4shared.com/download/jm...43612-6c2b7d49

S/w link for New H/W version : 2.0.2 : http://www.sendspace.com/file/2b5snn

S/w link for Old H/W version : 2.0.3: http://www.sendspace.com/file/qch6va

How to flash:
select flashfile in flasher
power off set

stat ...connect cable.....and press power on


PART 2

So, let me try to explain the outcome of my work and how to flash the ROM into this device.

First of all, I want to say thanks to pogodancer for his help in my investigation and for providing me the software for flashing the device, as I couldn't get any version to work.

So, getting to the point, I have created 2 versions of the firmware:

Standard Stock ROM - Rooted
This is mostly a copy of the stock rom of the device with the following changes:

- SU binaries included
- SuperUser app added

As the ROM is rooted, you can now mount as RW the /system folder and change anything you want.

Link to the firmware:http://199.91.152.132/78ww1kb2rncg/4...0_v01_Root.zip


Modded Stock ROM - Rooted
This is a modified version of the rom I have done to clean the device from unwanted and chinese software and to add some missing apps. Details are:

- SU binaries included
- SuperUser app added
- Ayu_Sales.apk (CAIVS) application removed
- Go Keyboard (and all its language plugins) removed
- Default Launchers (there were 2) and theme removed.
- ADW Launcher added
- GMail added
- Google Talk added
- Gallery3D substituted by Cool 3D Gallery

And that should be all.

Link to firmware:http://199.91.152.49/yseacg4cwdkg/8i....0_v01_Mod.zip


Now, for the flashing software, the link to get it is: http://www.mediafire.com/?o9km8vl287ev24j

Instructions for flashing, from pogodancer, are:

Quote:
0. Be sure to have installed the correct drivers. For my SC6820-device I see 5 items in Win7-32bit-device-manager (ADB-Composite, 2 x COM-ports, 2 x USB devices: all without exclamation marks). You can use the drivers from the package folder "SCI-android-usb-driver-jungo-v4-.rar".

1. Disable just in case your Win7 firewall.

2. Launch "ChannelServer.exe" from package folder "CHANNELSERVER" and allow firewall if asked.

3. Start "ResearchDownload.exe" from package folder "ResearchDownload".

4. In ResearchDownload-application chose firmware with first button (for me: 6820_2.3.5_c910_hteng_s5_en_4.0_v01.pac).

5. Be sure that the Baudrate from Win7-Device-Manager-Comports-Settings in CHANNELSERVER equals the Baudrate-settings in ResearchDownload-Settings (second button). I recommend 115.200.

6. Press the Start (Play) button in ResearchDownload-application (third button).

7. Turn off the phone.

8. Keep holding the "- volume" key.

9. Without releasing the button "- volume" plug the usb-cord from phone to Win7 (install the driver if not done before in step 0).

10. The process of firmware-burning should start now in ResearchDownload-application and take approximately 1 Minute. You can release the Vol.Button once it starts.

11. Wait until the firmware-flashing has been finished (A green sign appeares + "Passed" is written in ResearchDownload-application).

12. Remove the battery, wait 20 seconds. Put battery back and turn on the phone (first boot may take a while but not more than 5 minutes).
Please note that I have flashed the phone it in a Windows XP virtualbox machine and I realized I didn't need the CHANNELSERVER application, so I went directly to step 3.


Cheers.

And my last post is coming soon ics for Karbonn A1+

After im moving to Sony Xperia Sp fourm

See u soon.........Bye
it does not detect it...it says driver failed to install....even after manually installing drivers there is an exclamation mark
 
.::MAX::.
Old
#3  
.::MAX::.'s Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 34
Join Date: Jul 2013
Can I flash this using CWM recovery? If no, then how to do this?

Sent from rooted Karbonn A1+

 
DJDSB
Old
#4  
Member
Thanks Meter 73
Posts: 79
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Silliguri,West Bengal

 
DONATE TO ME
hey,i am gonna buy this fone
so can u tell if its batery backup is good?
 
.::MAX::.
Old
#5  
.::MAX::.'s Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 34
Join Date: Jul 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJDSB View Post
hey,i am gonna buy this fone
so can u tell if its batery backup is good?
Dont buy any phone of karbonn or micromax. They have non robust chinese h/w and s/w.No proper updates. No services. Go for samsung galaxy series. Costly but worth a buy.

Sent from customized Karbonn A1+

 
Siddharth358
Old
#6  
Member
Thanks Meter 29
Posts: 55
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Somewhere In The Earth
Phone Help needed!!!

Heyy dude can u make a flashable rom for new h/w version 3.0 coz my device is bricked.......
 
dr.sanjaykumar16
Old
#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 130
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: mumbai
Could u pls provide me working link for flash software for 2.0.2 version. Of a1+.....
Pls sir......

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium
 
.::MAX::.
Old
#8  
.::MAX::.'s Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 34
Join Date: Jul 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.sanjaykumar16 View Post
Could u pls provide me working link for flash software for 2.0.2 version. Of a1+.....
Pls sir......

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium
This may help you...
http://www.moulnisky.com/index.php?dir=Karbonn/A1%2B/

Sent from my A1+ using xda app-developers app

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to .::MAX::. For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
dr.sanjaykumar16
Old
#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 130
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: mumbai
Thanks for prompt reply
But I m not able to flash d firmware .....it simply keeps saying checking baudrate but nothing happens ....I hv selected 115200 in both settings nd channel server as advised in d guide..... pls help me in this regard

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium
 
Siddharth358
Old
#10  
Member
Thanks Meter 29
Posts: 55
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Somewhere In The Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by .::MAX::. View Post
This may help you...
http://www.moulnisky.com/index.php?dir=Karbonn/A1%2B/

Sent from my A1+ using xda app-developers app
Hey bro I tried flashing v2.0.8 using research download but it says waiting..And it is stuck there forever!!!!!

---------- Post added at 01:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:38 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.sanjaykumar16 View Post
Thanks for prompt reply
But I m not able to flash d firmware .....it simply keeps saying checking baudrate but nothing happens ....I hv selected 115200 in both settings nd channel server as advised in d guide..... pls help me in this regard

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium
Hey dude open 2 instances of the channelserver then select the sci port on both instances of channelserver.i hope it helps...

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes