Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Unable to install new app or update existing app due to out of storage space

OP garreth83@gmail.com

15th March 2014, 06:48 PM   |  #1  
garreth83@gmail.com's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 0
 
11 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
More
Hi all,

Is there any solution to fix my phone storage issue? I wasn't able to install new app or update an existing app even though both of my internal and external storage have lots of space. See below or refer to attached screenshot of the error message.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1394902075198.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	2632290
Click image for larger version

Name:	1394902075198.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	2632290

Sent from my C6833 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
15th March 2014, 07:11 PM   |  #2  
SpyderTracks's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 582
 
2,887 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2007
More
Post a screenie of your sd card and internal space.

Sent from my C6833 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
16th March 2014, 02:24 AM   |  #3  
garreth83@gmail.com's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 0
 
11 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
More
Here you go.

Attachment 2632913

Click image for larger version

Name:	1394929464140.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	107.9 KB
ID:	2632915


Sent from my C6833 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
16th March 2014, 02:29 AM   |  #4  
garreth83@gmail.com's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 0
 
11 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
More
Internal storage...

Click image for larger version

Name:	1394929702356.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	110.6 KB
ID:	2632925

Sent from my C6833 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
16th March 2014, 03:59 AM   |  #5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 26
 
224 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by garreth83@gmail.com

Hi all,

Is there any solution to fix my phone storage issue? I wasn't able to install new app or update an existing app even though both of my internal and external storage have lots of space. See below or refer to attached screenshot of the error message.

Attachment 2632290
Attachment 2632290

Sent from my C6833 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Do you have Lucky Patcher installed?
16th March 2014, 05:33 AM   |  #6  
SpyderTracks's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 582
 
2,887 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2007
More
As Pinyin is a Google app I would hazard a guess it's trying to install to your system partition which is around 2gb and separate from internal and sd. It's where the rom is hosted.

As above poster mentions, there are various apps you can use to move system apps to internal storage, or foldermount to fool the system into thinking a directory on your sd card is actually your system partition etc.

Sent from my C6833 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
16th March 2014, 09:16 AM   |  #7  
garreth83@gmail.com's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 0
 
11 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hassanmahmood

Do you have Lucky Patcher installed?

Yes, I do have lucky patcher.

Sent from my C6833 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
16th March 2014, 11:07 AM   |  #8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 26
 
224 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by garreth83@gmail.com

Yes, I do have lucky patcher.

Sent from my C6833 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Run it and see if you get a notification about unused ODEX files - then try installing the app.
16th March 2014, 01:58 PM   |  #9  
garreth83@gmail.com's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 0
 
11 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hassanmahmood

Run it and see if you get a notification about unused ODEX files - then try installing the app.

Nope, I am not getting any notifications regarding unused ODEX file.

Sent from my C6833 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
16th March 2014, 02:02 PM   |  #10  
garreth83@gmail.com's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 0
 
11 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyderTracks

As Pinyin is a Google app I would hazard a guess it's trying to install to your system partition which is around 2gb and separate from internal and sd. It's where the rom is hosted.

As above poster mentions, there are various apps you can use to move system apps to internal storage, or foldermount to fool the system into thinking a directory on your sd card is actually your system partition etc.

Sent from my C6833 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I've downloaded foldermount however it can't access the folders in the system partiton.

Sent from my C6833 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes