Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,646 Members 46,553 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Universal ROOT in 10 steps - Level: Asian

Tip us?

disadjusted
Old
(Last edited by disadjusted; 10th January 2013 at 03:08 PM.) Reason: specified some points
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 110

DONATE TO ME
Angry Universal ROOT in 10 steps - Level: Asian

While searching for a method to root the JB build for the yarvik tablet of my family (usual methods have not been successful), i stumbled upon the following Windows based method that now i want to share and should work with a lot more devices:

On your PC:

1. Install USB/ADB drivers from your manufacturer's website

2. Install & connect via http://www.moborobo.com Management Tools, loads own device specific ADB-drivers

3. Download & install this Chinese piece of software from http://www.shuame.com/

In case you don't understand what you do:

- On Website press blue download-button with arrow pointing downwards
- During Installation uncheck every checkbox except the one that grays out the next-button upon unchecking

the download has been a bit slow for me (10kb/sec), if it fails or the take it offline: drop a comment, perhaps i can share the setup file somehow

4. On your device: turn on USB-debugging

On your PC:

5. Run Moborobo Software, then plug your device to USB-Port, wait until Moborobo has recognized it (in my case i had to click some dialogues...)

6. Run freshly installed software from Shuame.com (titled ˢ in my start menu)

7. When shuame-Logo appears on your device's screen, head on the windows-software towards the 4th icon in the top row; on the appearing screen click on the 4th icon in the 2nd icon-row (the android with some chinese signs + ROOT as title)

on your device:

8. download SuperUser (or superSU) from Market or install via other sources (if not already done)

9. replace asian root / su files (recognized as older versions) with newer ones by SuperUser or superSU

10. delete 2 chinese shuame-APKs from /system/apps directory or uninstall via Titanium Backup

11. => you're done.

if more than 10 People complain they can't find the right button's to click

then i'm willing to post a few screenshots...

else: have fun!

oh, and if this worked for you: drop a comment and let the others know!

PS: props go out to the yarvik forum where i found this: http://forum.yarvik.com/showthread.p...ll=1#post12972
Legacy Device: HTC Touch Pro (O2 XDA pro / Raphael / RAPH120) @ XDAndroid FRX07 (2.2.2)
Tablet: Yarvik GO Tab 364 @ stock JB (4.1.1 root - anybody knows a tutorial how to get CM10.1 on this?)
Smartphones: LG Optimus 4X HD (P880) @ stock ICS (will flash soon) // Motorola Defy+ (MB526) @ quarx' CM10.1 (JB/4.2.2) // Huawei Ideos X3 (U8510) @ CM7.2 (GB/2.3.7) by fuchsteufel
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to disadjusted For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

disadjusted
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 110

DONATE TO ME
Info 2 reserved for screenshots & reports of success

[nt]
Legacy Device: HTC Touch Pro (O2 XDA pro / Raphael / RAPH120) @ XDAndroid FRX07 (2.2.2)
Tablet: Yarvik GO Tab 364 @ stock JB (4.1.1 root - anybody knows a tutorial how to get CM10.1 on this?)
Smartphones: LG Optimus 4X HD (P880) @ stock ICS (will flash soon) // Motorola Defy+ (MB526) @ quarx' CM10.1 (JB/4.2.2) // Huawei Ideos X3 (U8510) @ CM7.2 (GB/2.3.7) by fuchsteufel

chacho_2me
Old
Thanks Meter 54
what do you think? possible for the optimus g (japanese version)

supercfc
Old
Thanks Meter 2
screenshots please

beyored
Old
(Last edited by beyored; 14th May 2013 at 12:23 AM.)
Thanks Meter 201
i have just rooted my hp slate 7 with this tool......i ran this then ran unlockroot tool i am now fully rooted....
well played my friend good find....now all i need is a nice shiny new rom to go with it lol....
The Following User Says Thank You to beyored For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

drifter94
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by beyored View Post
i have just rooted my hp slate 7 with this tool......i ran this then ran unlockroot tool i am now fully rooted....
well played my friend good find....now all i need is a nice shiny new rom to go with it lol....
hy, i just bought a slate 7 too, but i can't find the usb drivers.. can you point them to me?? thanks

beyored
Old
(Last edited by beyored; 31st May 2013 at 04:59 PM.)
Thanks Meter 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by drifter94 View Post
hy, i just bought a slate 7 too, but i can't find the usb drivers.. can you point them to me?? thanks
this is what i used they should work for you too my friend.....http://adbdriver.com/downloads/

i dont suppose you know of any cwm recovery for this device... iv searched everywhere......

iv managed to root and deodex the stock rom but gettin board now lol....just hope someone decides to develop for this tab.....fingers crossed....
The Following User Says Thank You to beyored For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

drifter94
Old
(Last edited by drifter94; 31st May 2013 at 07:40 PM.)
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by beyored View Post
this is what i used they should work for you too my friend.....http://adbdriver.com/downloads/

i don't suppose you know of any cwm recovery for this device... iv searched everywhere......

iv managed to root and deodex the stock rom but gettin board now lol....just hope someone decides to develop for this tab.....fingers crossed....
Thank you sir, gonna try this later.
No, i didn't see any custom recovery for this tablet, I think that it's because it's pretty new. But until now i love it. The only thing i saw was a "blank" forum thread on another forum which i can't recall right now, but i think you already saw that, if not i'm gonna link it to you.
(sorry for the OT )
Sent from my HP Slate 7 using xda app-developers app

beyored
Old
Thanks Meter 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by drifter94 View Post
Thank you sir, gonna try this late.
No, i didn't see any custom recovery for this tablet, I think that it's because it's pretty new. But until now i love it. The only thing i saw was a "blank" forum thread on another forum which i can't recall right now, but i think you already saw that, if not i'm gonna link it to you.
(sorry for the OT )
Sent from my HP Slate 7 using xda app-developers app

Sent from my HP Slate 7 using xda premium

Yeah I've seen the thread....and your welcome mate.... I'll let you know if I come across any ROMs......or Recovery's...
just hit thanks if i helped....

alansan2013
Old
(Last edited by alansan2013; 1st June 2013 at 07:23 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Hi,
root is working on my POV MOBII 1325 13.3" !!

BUT........

it's hard without screenshot about deleting chinese apk and replace kinguser_su with superSU...

(9. replace asian root / su files (recognized as older versions) with newer ones by SuperUser or superSU

10. delete 2 chinese shuame-APKs from /system/apps directory or uninstall via Titanium Backup)

please...... screenshots are welcome because I tried to do that but then I lose root !!

regards

alansan2013

Tags
universal root