No registration required

How to root Lenovo P770 ?

OP Manaro

25th December 2012, 09:48 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 8

29 posts
Hello,

i have bought the new Phone Lenovo P770 with 3500 Battery , commes with Jeally bean , its amazing !!

the installed Lenovo Stor is too bad !! my problem is only Google play doesnt work und i have read Mobile schould be rooted first . is it right ?

How could i root it , im not an expert ! i want only google play on my Phone

Kind Regards from Germany

Osman
Last edited by Manaro; 25th December 2012 at 10:00 AM.
28th December 2012, 11:06 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 3

26 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manaro

Hello,

i have bought the new Phone Lenovo P770 with 3500 Battery , commes with Jeally bean , its amazing !!

the installed Lenovo Stor is too bad !! my problem is only Google play doesnt work und i have read Mobile schould be rooted first . is it right ?

How could i root it , im not an expert ! i want only google play on my Phone

Kind Regards from Germany

Osman

I think all is ok now ...

for who wants to know the procedure:

- download SP Flash Tool version 1.5

- download CWM 6 on YDSS BBS forum (warning: it is in chinese language - after installation need to move and confirm with virtual chinese key)

- flash only recovery (CWM) with SP Flash Tool as common guide

- download root file Recovery_ROOT_pak_770.zip on lenovo russian forum, unzip it and copy Root by Javum.ZIP to SD

- Enter in CWM and choose "install ZIP from SD" ...then choose Root by Javum

root done!!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluemask69 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th December 2012, 08:42 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 38

435 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemask69

- download CWM 6 on YDSS BBS forum (warning: it is in chinese language - after installation need to move and confirm with virtual chinese key)

- download root file Recovery_ROOT_pak_770.zip on lenovo russian forum, unzip it and copy Root by Javum.ZIP to SD

root done!!!

I tried this but I cannot complete the Flash

It just errors with the message "DA partial images download is ONLY allowed under the following prerequisite: 1. All images have been download ed to the target before and could boot up 2. The images layout map on the target is the same as the load that is to be downloaded"

help please?
28th December 2012, 09:31 PM   |  #4  

26 posts
Use only chinese recovery you can download from mobileuncletools forum.

Then use rootbyjavum included in zip file you can download from russian lenovo forum. Don't use recovery included in zip file, it don't work.

Sent from my Lenovo P770 using xda app-developers app
29th December 2012, 07:27 PM   |  #5  

22 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemask69

root done!!!

Can you please post the links, especially the link for CWM 6 on YDSS BBS? Everything on the page is in Chinese and I can't understand a word. The rest is no problem.
3rd January 2013, 03:44 AM   |  #6  

23 posts
http://www.anfensi.com/root/kingroot/83231.html

I successfully got CWM 6.0.1.1 and rooted my P770. The only problem that i have is the google map, I can't get my position in door. No idea why I can't flash GAPP directly through CWM, once I did it, it will only boot into CWM not android system, good luck.

Update: I put the MTK6577 driver and flash utility (with recovery) and root files here, you can download them if you need:

driver:
http://www.ohyeah.tw/download/P770/P770_driver.rar
utility:
http://www.ohyeah.tw/download/P770/P...te_utility.rar
Root: (Use CWM to flash!)
http://www.ohyeah.tw/download/P770/P770_root.zip
Last edited by kiner; 3rd January 2013 at 03:53 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kiner For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th January 2013, 12:45 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Recovery menu
Hi, I try to root this phone and I'm stuck. Can you help me?

I flashed the preloader and recovery into the phone using SPF.... Or at least I think I did. When I enter to "factory menu", there are few (I think six) options, labeled only by chinese "spilled tea". In one options are besieds chienes letter letters e MMC.

Maybye I missed something, but I cant get any further. Can you help me what I do wrong?

Thanks much,
Matyas
30th January 2013, 09:11 AM   |  #8  

6 posts
Root Lenovo p770
I have the same problem . When I go into factory menu it is in chinese. I don't what options to use ? Preferably I need to install a new mod ROM which is in english. needrom has some software displayed. I am not sure how to use the software either to upgrade the rom .

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
30th January 2013, 10:22 AM   |  #9  
OP Junior Member

29 posts
Finally, I have solved all the problems with the phone. all Chinese rubbish are cleared. your phone will be also rooted with Rom :

the instructions also are there : http://lenovo-forums.ru/topic/729-%D...-%D0%BF%D0%BA/

http://lenovo-forums.ru/topic/751-li...70-custom-rom/

u have to use google translator and u will understand how to flash p770 , its very easy ! the Rom is the best Rom ,which i have use it untill now the only problem,which i have ,is that when u configure the language to Englich the contact List still have russish Letters , but its not the big problem ,otherwise every thing work perefectly .
30th January 2013, 04:44 PM   |  #10  

6 posts
hi, please help me, my current version is 4.1.1. and s121,, do you think this custom ROM will work on this?

thanks alot.,

---------- Post added at 07:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:30 PM ----------

and this custom ROM is only in Russian or comes with English together ?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread