Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,784,382 Members 47,372 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Custom frameworks in rom building.[resolved]

Tip us?

angelus0w
Old
(Last edited by angelus0w; 16th March 2014 at 05:04 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Default [Q] Custom frameworks in rom building.[resolved]

Hey there, I'm currently building a rom based on aosp and would like some help or being pointed in the right direction for including xposed modules in the build? I have attempted to look on Google and the forums and i believe I'm using the wrong terms or just missing it each time.

Thankyou in advance to anyone who can tell me what to search, or even point me in the right direction.

For some reason the forums say this is the wrong location to post a question, I'm not sure where else this is meant to go, so I apologise if breaking rules.

------------

Solved

Xposed cannot easily be included in ROM without issues, but you can easily edit the source to resemble the required xposed mods I.e navbar size etc.

/frameworks/base/core/res/res/
/frameworks/base/packages/system-ui/

You can include xposed but without activation the usual way of putting the apk in folder and adding to XML file with app list

Or similar

Thank you

Kim.PH
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelus0w View Post
Hey there, I'm currently building a rom based on aosp and would like some help or being pointed in the right direction for including xposed modules in the build? I have attempted to look on Google and the forums and i believe I'm using the wrong terms or just missing it each time.

Thankyou in advance to anyone who can tell me what to search, or even point me in the right direction.

For some reason the forums say this is the wrong location to post a question, I'm not sure where else this is meant to go, so I apologise if breaking rules.
try to P.M a member here who has experience/background about this
The Following User Says Thank You to Kim.PH For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

angelus0w
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Default Sorted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim.PH View Post
try to P.M a member here who has experience/background about this
I'm not sure why that never crossed my mind, I thank you though as its helped massively.

Kim.PH
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelus0w View Post
I'm not sure why that never crossed my mind, I thank you though as its helped massively.
no problem please press the thanks button if I helped

angelus0w
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
I have sent my thanks via link on your post

Almost happy enough to share the ROM online

Thanks again.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app