Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Custom frameworks in rom building.[resolved]

OP angelus0w

11th March 2014, 10:49 PM   |  #1  
angelus0w's Avatar
OP Member
London
Thanks Meter: 27
 
59 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
Donate to Me
More
Hey there, I'm currently building a rom based on aosp and would like some help or being pointed in the right direction for including xposed modules in the build? I have attempted to look on Google and the forums and i believe I'm using the wrong terms or just missing it each time.

Thankyou in advance to anyone who can tell me what to search, or even point me in the right direction.


For some reason the forums say this is the wrong location to post a question, I'm not sure where else this is meant to go, so I apologise if breaking rules.

------------

Solved

Xposed cannot easily be included in ROM without issues, but you can easily edit the source to resemble the required xposed mods I.e navbar size etc.

/frameworks/base/core/res/res/
/frameworks/base/packages/system-ui/

You can include xposed but without activation the usual way of putting the apk in folder and adding to XML file with app list


Or similar

Thank you
Last edited by angelus0w; 16th March 2014 at 06:04 PM.
12th March 2014, 03:34 AM   |  #2  
Kim.PH's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
12 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
Audio
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelus0w

Hey there, I'm currently building a rom based on aosp and would like some help or being pointed in the right direction for including xposed modules in the build? I have attempted to look on Google and the forums and i believe I'm using the wrong terms or just missing it each time.

Thankyou in advance to anyone who can tell me what to search, or even point me in the right direction.


For some reason the forums say this is the wrong location to post a question, I'm not sure where else this is meant to go, so I apologise if breaking rules.

try to P.M a member here who has experience/background about this
The Following User Says Thank You to Kim.PH For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th March 2014, 12:46 AM   |  #3  
angelus0w's Avatar
OP Member
London
Thanks Meter: 27
 
59 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
Donate to Me
More
Sorted
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim.PH

try to P.M a member here who has experience/background about this

I'm not sure why that never crossed my mind, I thank you though as its helped massively.
16th March 2014, 01:52 AM   |  #4  
Kim.PH's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
12 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelus0w

I'm not sure why that never crossed my mind, I thank you though as its helped massively.

no problem please press the thanks button if I helped
16th March 2014, 05:57 PM   |  #5  
angelus0w's Avatar
OP Member
London
Thanks Meter: 27
 
59 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
Donate to Me
More
I have sent my thanks via link on your post

Almost happy enough to share the ROM online

Thanks again.



Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes