Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,594 Members 38,984 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[User Review] Amzer Pudding TPU Case Black For Moto G

Tip us?

Wh00sher
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Default [User Review] Amzer Pudding TPU Case Black For Moto G

I initially looked at the flip case, but having had a go with a friends, I didn`t like the `flip` when making a call.

I started looking round for alternatives and spotter the Amzer Pudding TPU case.

I wanted something with protection all the way round the phone. I`ve seen several where the corners are exposed. Dropping it on a corner is something I had with an old phone and it immediately cracked the glass, so a fully enclosed cover was top of the list.

This has a `rubberised` texture and in use, it certainly feels grippy. The edges are sticky enough so you won`t drop it easily, but not so bad that you can`t get it in and out of your pocket without it `grabbing` the material.

For 6.50 delivered, I really can`t complain.

Amzer logo embossed onto the rear of the case

Full edge coverage

Closeup of the corners

Neat cutout for the headphone

Camera & Speaker cutouts

Power and Volume controls are covered, but they are easy to use and I haven`t struggled to press the buttons at all.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Wh00sher For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

vNa5h
Old
Thanks Meter 113
By how much does the thickness increase..

i know its too much to ask but if u ever remove the case can u post pictures of case and bare mobile side by side

btw i have never used a tpu case..its is rubbery flexible or plasticky...i have heard that its a combination of both
Motorola Moto G a.k.a XT1033 a.k.a Falcon
Running Stock KK 4.4.2, Soundmagic PL11 earphones
Quote:
TV Shows / Movies .....I have watched....
Music
...I listen...

wolfen69
Old
Thanks Meter 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wh00sher View Post
Dropping it on a corner is something I had with an old phone and it immediately cracked the glass, so a fully enclosed cover was top of the list.
But a drop of more than 2-3 feet would probably still break the phone. To get better protection, one should have a case with thick rubber bumpers on the corners like the Trident or Ballistic case. But of course, it wouldn't be as pocket friendly.

My Devices:

HTC G1
Nexus One
Nexus 4

lolwatpear
Old
Thanks Meter 13
I have this case and dislike it. It adds too much thickness for me, but about what you can expect from a TPU case. I buy cases for scratch protection rather than drop protection. I hate the glossy bezel and just wish they had that same back finish for the entire case. The finish of the back is nice since it doesn't pick up fingerprints. The last thing I can't stand is how small the usb connector cutout is. This can probably be fixed with a knife, but it still shouldn't come like that.

ma3oony
Old
Thanks Meter 2
is it sturdy material or flexible that it can be like silicon cover in the ease of putting/removing the phone from it?

BionicSniper
Old
Thanks Meter 8
It is not terribly difficult to put this case on or remove it. One of the best features of this case for me is the matte back section which greatly improves grip and the button molds in the side.

Sent from my XT1034 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
HTC 8525 > HTC Hd2 > LG G2X
Next up is the Galaxy Nexus

angomy
Old
Thanks Meter 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfen69 View Post
But a drop of more than 2-3 feet would probably still break the phone. To get better protection, one should have a case with thick rubber bumpers on the corners like the Trident or Ballistic case. But of course, it wouldn't be as pocket friendly.
Every time I use a heavy-duty case though I end up removing it after a few months and using a less-protective one because of the bulk, tpu cases seem like an "OK" compromise (or at least I hope).

I've been eyeing the Cruzerlite bugroid ones since watching this IRL drop test (nexus 5) video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KY9Svj9fYVg but the Amzer one reviewed here looks very nice
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
Moto G 16GB US GSM

digitalmahdi
Old
Thanks Meter 5
isit a good alternative for the gripshell?
I need a bumper what do you suggest?

vasishta.sushant
Old
Thanks Meter 11
It does provide good protection but makes the device look dull. I guess I'll have to buy something else for my wife.

Sent from my Nexus 7
Dell Streak 16GB -> Nokia 5233 -> Samsung Focus -> Dell XCD35 -> Samsung Note -> Nexus7 (Selling it soon) -> Samsung Galaxy Note II (current)

stewartbatallas
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Its very cool, but its expensive. I'm from Spain and this price is elevate for me.

Enviado desde mi XT1032
Using Tapatalk