Originally Posted by skim234
The LTE IS working with SK, as well as the network. I'm just so lost about what kind of custom roms/kernels I can use that are compatible with my phone.
When you say backup my bootloader, how do I do that? EFS backup? Remember, my phone isn't rooted yet. Do you think I could use any N9005 4.3 root?
I am glad to hear about LTE! (it means that the 700MHz band is not that essential).
Custom ROMs might be a little further away (N9005 by the way, when done OK it might work with many N9005 ROMs), IMHO there are other things that can be done first that would make your phone better/faster.
If you want to root here is the sequence that I suggest:
- save everything that you have on the phone (if you have a LOT of stuff - to Google, Samsung, Samsung Kies or local with Helium)
- make certain that reactivation lock is OFF
- factory-reset the phone
- disable any update (say that you don't agree with the terms when asked) and disable any security update (that one is a separate setting in Security)
- use Saferoot first to try to root:
- if it works the very next step after getting root is to save as much as possible from the original firmware (you might also need to install busybox before that):
- if that succeeds and you have a 256MB debrick.bin please compress it (7z is pretty effective but ZIP will also be OK) and please upload it somewhere so that people that are trying to crack knox will have another thing to look at!
N9005 Universal Root De La Vega / Mobile Odin Pro, Knox 0x0, MJ7