FORUMS

LG G2 (Verizon) Removable Battery Thread

14 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By PaulieWallie, Junior Member on 24th September 2013, 12:59 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
So I took the plunge and upgraded to the LG G2 from a Samsung SIII and over all I enjoy it. The one thing that I will miss most is quickly swapping batteries in and out on the go and having a fresh full charge.

I pulled the back off of the G2, and the battery is still looking a big difficult for quick replacements. I'm a bit nervous to dig into mine (it is under an hour old) but I found a picture of the BL-T7 battery removed here: http://gsminsider.com/2013/08/lg-g2-...tery-hands-on/

Here are some more in-depth shots pull from another thread:

Let the discussion begin...
The Following User Says Thank You to PaulieWallie For This Useful Post: [ View ]

24th September 2013, 01:05 AM |#2  
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 838

Donate to Me
More
unscrew the plastic piece and remove the battery:

This is the AT&T version
The Following User Says Thank You to joshuadjohnson22 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th September 2013, 01:07 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuadjohnson22

unscrew the plastic piece and remove the battery:

[IMG]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f157/GTRSentra/P1040113.jpg
[IMG]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f157/GTRSentra/P1040111.jpg

Interesting. It wouldn't seem to far fetched to make a quick dongle out of the power terminal tether for quick swaps. Also cutting every other plastic snap latch from the housing back would make the thing come off with ease.
Last edited by PaulieWallie; 24th September 2013 at 01:14 AM.
24th September 2013, 01:17 AM |#4  
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 838

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulieWallie

Interesting. It wouldn't seem to far fetched to make a quick dongle out of the power terminal tether for quick swaps. Also cutting every other plastic snap latch from the housing back would make the thing come off with ease.

you may need to mod the housing... there is very little room to work with. They crammed as much as they could in that tight area. Personally with a 3000 mah battery I don't see the need. Just replace it after a year or two and keep on trucking.
24th September 2013, 04:10 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 46

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulieWallie

As Joshua posted, I don't know why you would even bother.

The battery in thi sphone lasts over twice as long as most other phone's I've used.

So far on average im getting over a day and half and in some cases 2.5 days even with 4+ hours of screen on time
17th March 2014, 09:31 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I know this is an old thread, but I was wondering if anyone actually did any modding, or if they changed the battery or anything. Let us know what happened!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)