Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Phone [Q] Phone became unbootable after installing latest Cyanogenmod update

OP TheXXY

27th August 2013, 07:17 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
Hello,

my Galaxy Note GT-N7000 became unbootable after installing latest Cyanogenmod 10.1 update.
I use it to organize myself and I need it back as fast as possible.
I need your help and googeling was unsuccessful.
I hope it is possible to rescue my phone because I dont have much money to buy another phone.

Thanks a lot!

XXY
27th August 2013, 08:12 PM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 235
 
702 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheXXY

Hello,

my Galaxy Note GT-N7000 became unbootable after installing latest Cyanogenmod 10.1 update.
I use it to organize myself and I need it back as fast as possible.
I need your help and googeling was unsuccessful.
I hope it is possible to rescue my phone because I dont have much money to buy another phone.

Thanks a lot!

XXY

can you access recovery mode (volume up+home+power), or download mode (volume down+power+home button)?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to treacherous_hawk For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th August 2013, 09:14 PM   |  #3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
I had the exactly same problem like him. But..
Quote:
Originally Posted by treacherous_hawk

can you access recovery mode (volume up+home+power), or download mode (volume down+power+home button)?

...But , i could access to Download Mode *(Volume Down+Power+Home) , I couldn't get access to Recovery Mode only *(it turns Black Screen & keep me waiting so long) .

I thought problem solves if I couldn't change another Custom Rom , but i can't even BOOT into recovery mode.

THANKS Brothers for solving here, THanks THanks. (I'm urgent for it too..)

Current Rom I hooking is:
Carbon0825
27th August 2013, 09:14 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
Phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by treacherous_hawk

can you access recovery mode (volume up+home+power), or download mode (volume down+power+home button)?

Download mode: yes
Recovery mode: no

If i had had access to the Recovery mode i wouldnt have startet this thread...

Im absolutly helpless and i cant find a guide which tells me how to reset my phone only with the download mode...


Thanks for replying!

XXY
27th August 2013, 10:01 PM   |  #5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 235
 
702 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheXXY

Download mode: yes
Recovery mode: no

If i had had access to the Recovery mode i wouldnt have startet this thread...

Im absolutly helpless and i cant find a guide which tells me how to reset my phone only with the download mode...


Thanks for replying!

XXY

Flash philz kernel (.tar) from pc odin while in download mode (latest version). See if you can get into recovery, if you can, download and put the CM rom+gapps on external sd card, flash without any wipes from recovery or if you did take any nandroid backup you can restore that from philz kernel.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to treacherous_hawk For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th August 2013, 11:00 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by treacherous_hawk

Flash philz kernel (.tar) from pc odin while in download mode (latest version). See if you can get into recovery, if you can, download and put the CM rom+gapps on external sd card, flash without any wipes from recovery or if you did take any nandroid backup you can restore that from philz kernel.

ok... i read though these threads but i dont know how to install philz kernel...
i tried flashing it with odin but the only thing i noticed was that the binary counter increased...
can you tell me step by step what i have to do?
i know that is awful to do...

if you dont whant to write and tell it me than add me in skype: xxyababx12345

Thanks!

XXY
27th August 2013, 11:03 PM   |  #7  
nokiamodeln91's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,706
 
7,160 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
More
after you have flashed Philz kernel... power off the device... and try to boot into recovery.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nokiamodeln91 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th August 2013, 11:03 PM   |  #8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
14 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheXXY

ok... i read though these threads but i dont know how to install philz kernel...
i tried flashing it with odin but the only thing i noticed was that the binary counter increased...
can you tell me step by step what i have to do?
i know that is awful to do...

if you dont whant to write and tell it me than add me in skype: xxyababx12345

Thanks!

XXY

Why should he write it in private? I bet there are several people (including me) sitting in threads like this waiting for a clear answer from people who know what to do.
The Following User Says Thank You to diwako For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th August 2013, 11:21 PM   |  #9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 235
 
702 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheXXY

ok... i read though these threads but i dont know how to install philz kernel...
i tried flashing it with odin but the only thing i noticed was that the binary counter increased...
can you tell me step by step what i have to do?
i know that is awful to do...

if you dont whant to write and tell it me than add me in skype: xxyababx12345

Thanks!

XXY

download philz kernel from:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1901191
download the one that says .tar instead of .zip. put the phone into download mode. Open PC odin, connect phone to pc, COM ID should light up in yellow with some number. click on PDA and choose the .tar file and click on start. once it is finished, reboot into recovery and see if it works. You can fix the counter and yellow triangle later with Triangle away application.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to treacherous_hawk For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th August 2013, 11:29 PM   |  #10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
14 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by treacherous_hawk

download philz kernel from:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1901191
download the one that says .tar instead of .zip. put the phone into download mode. Open PC odin, connect phone to pc, COM ID should light up in yellow with some number. click on PDA and choose the .tar file and click on start. once it is finished, reboot into recovery and see if it works. You can fix the counter and yellow triangle later with Triangle away application.

Is the Kernel version essential? Since Philz v5.11.2 has several Kernels you can choose from, where as you cannot check which one you have running since the phone does not boot anymore.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes