Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,879 Members 43,794 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Video reproduction question

Tip us?

ricarroyo88
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Video reproduction question

Hi everyone.

Last year I bought a Galaxy Note 10.1 (the first one, not the 2014 edition) and I had a lot of issues playing some videos, they didn't show video or de audio was desync, but if I played the same videos on a HTC One X (Tegra 3) there was no problem.

So, I would like to know if the architecture of the 2014 edition solved these problems or you have to "convert" the videos before watching on the tablet.

Regards.

RussellEstridge25
Old
Thanks Meter 143

DONATE TO ME
I us BSplayer and it works perfectly

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Be yourself........... Hit me up on Gtalk Rustypmusic@gmail.com. [/B]

fantasmanegro
Old
Thanks Meter 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricarroyo88 View Post
Hi everyone.

Last year I bought a Galaxy Note 10.1 (the first one, not the 2014 edition) and I had a lot of issues playing some videos, they didn't show video or de audio was desync, but if I played the same videos on a HTC One X (Tegra 3) there was no problem.

So, I would like to know if the architecture of the 2014 edition solved these problems or you have to "convert" the videos before watching on the tablet.

Regards.
issues playing videos can mean different things, for example:

container support, higher settings for compression, unsupported resolution, etc...

in my case, note 10.1 2014 can play almost any video with stock video player but not those with ac3 audio or 10bits profile (x264)...

i'm not BSPlayer user because i don like the way it "works"... i'm using mx player... and no problem until now....
The Following User Says Thank You to fantasmanegro For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

compumasta
Old
Thanks Meter 43
I second MX Player. It allows for additional codecs that the stock player does not and I have not had any issues with it whatsoever. I'm OK with it since the stock app isn't my cup of tea anyway.
The Following User Says Thank You to compumasta For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ricarroyo88
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by compumasta View Post
I second MX Player. It allows for additional codecs that the stock player does not and I have not had any issues with it whatsoever. I'm OK with it since the stock app isn't my cup of tea anyway.
Including the ac3 audio or 10bits profile (x264) ??

chr0nos
Old
Thanks Meter 1
ac3 audio works, not sure about 10-bit encodes
The Following User Says Thank You to chr0nos For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jpl69
Old
Thanks Meter 74
Never had any problem with MX Player or DicePlayer since forever even on my first tab Galaxy Tab 10.1 (1st ever).
But i never had a 4GB video on it...
The only complain i had was youtube lagged a lot on 720p!
Now, with our beloved 2014 note i have at least 4 windows streaming/playing video simultaneously!!! All Sync and making a lot of noise!! yeah
QTEK S100, QTEK 9100 (Wizard), HTC Touch Cruise, HTC Touch HD,HTC HD2 (lost bu), TMN Silverbelt / ZTE Raise WQVGA CRAP, Sony Ericson x10i, HTC HD2 (Again)
iPhone 4S

Samsung Galaxy Core Plus (SM-G350) rooted, iPhone 5S jailbroken
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 (P7500) DIY, Samsung Galaxy Tab Note 10.1 2014 (SM-P605) DIY
The Following User Says Thank You to jpl69 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

fantasmanegro
Old
Thanks Meter 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricarroyo88 View Post
Including the ac3 audio or 10bits profile (x264) ??
ac3 works and 10bits keeps making "noise"... it's not fully supported...

The Following User Says Thank You to fantasmanegro For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
video codec processor