Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,116 Members 44,982 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] S4 or Note 3 Weatherwidget AGAIN

Tip us?

Manneman32
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 78
Default [Q] S4 or Note 3 Weatherwidget AGAIN

Well... I have searched through the forum to find answers and also asked in some threads but no answers. So this is my last try...

Hereīs the deal:

I rooted my phone using this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2618261

This means that I donīt have a custom recovery (I guess)... just plain root.
I use stock 4.3 odexed and now I want to use the weatherwidget from either S4 or perhaps a MOD of the same. For installation I know I have to push it with a rootexplorer of some kind. I know all about permissions so Iīm not new to this at all.

However... Itīs hard to find what Iīm looking for... and if I have concerns the thread is dead or something.

Can anyone give me a hint on what Weatherwidget I can use? As I wrote... I have Stock 4.3 ODEXED.

Best regards
Phones: Sony Xperia Z and Samsung Galaxy Note 2 to play around with and a Nokia Lumia 1020 for everyday use at work

Mufrad
Old
Thanks Meter 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manneman32 View Post
Well... I have searched through the forum to find answers and also asked in some threads but no answers. So this is my last try...

Hereīs the deal:

I rooted my phone using this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2618261

This means that I donīt have a custom recovery (I guess)... just plain root.
I use stock 4.3 odexed and now I want to use the weatherwidget from either S4 or perhaps a MOD of the same. For installation I know I have to push it with a rootexplorer of some kind. I know all about permissions so Iīm not new to this at all.

However... Itīs hard to find what Iīm looking for... and if I have concerns the thread is dead or something.

Can anyone give me a hint on what Weatherwidget I can use? As I wrote... I have Stock 4.3 ODEXED.

Best regards
Go to the themes and apps section, there you can find what you are looking for in the first or the second page. Remember to delete the odex file though when changing the AccuWeather app
GALAXY NOTE 3 - DR.KETAN'S CCR K8.1
GALAXY NOTE 2 - DN3 V5+
SONY MT25 - ROOTED CUSTOM ICS

Manneman32
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 78
Thanx for the reply...

However... those few Weatherapps I found has too little info for me to dare pushing them. I found one that I really want to try but I donīt have the guts since I have a odexed rom... the thread doesnīt state for what ROM or anything.
Phones: Sony Xperia Z and Samsung Galaxy Note 2 to play around with and a Nokia Lumia 1020 for everyday use at work

Mufrad
Old
Thanks Meter 58
Quote:
Thanx for the reply...

However... those few Weatherapps I found has too little info for me to dare pushing them. I found one that I really want to try but I donīt have the guts since I have a odexed rom... the thread doesnīt state for what ROM or anything.
Just take a backup of your current widget, then push the AccuWeather app from s4 or note3 whichever you like and delete the odex file, restart, Note 3 and s4 both came with 4.3 so I don't think there will be any problems.
GALAXY NOTE 2 - DN3 V5+

Manneman32
Old
(Last edited by Manneman32; 17th March 2014 at 06:41 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 78
Allright!

Looking into the ZIP I find that even the files in the "framework" and "lib" folders has ODEX-files in the stock folder... shall I remove them also or just the widget-ones?

Mufrad
Old
Thanks Meter 58
Quote:
Allright!

Looking into the ZIP I find that even the files in the "framework" and "lib" folders has ODEX-files in the stock folder... shall I remove them also or just the widget-ones?
Just push the AccuWeather app and delete odex for AccuWeather only.
GALAXY NOTE 2 - DN3 V5+

sawdoctor
Old
Thanks Meter 2,236
Don't know if it's any use to you but lucky patcher can odex deodexed apps

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Manneman32
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 78
Hmmm... ok. The problem is that the widgets name is Accuweatherphone2013... not the same name as the stock. Or is that not a problem?

Mufrad
Old
Thanks Meter 58
Quote:
Hmmm... ok. The problem is that the widgets name is Accuweatherphone2013... not the same name as the stock. Or is that not a problem?
Delete the old one and push the new one.
GALAXY NOTE 2 - DN3 V5+