Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,466 Members 51,415 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

AOSP Scrolling Question

Tip us?

appro77
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 122
Default AOSP Scrolling Question

Every AOSP rom I've tried, and there have been many, has terrible scrolling compared to Touchwiz based roms. Why is this???

I love AOSP but I always go back to a Touchwiz rom because of the choppy scrolling in AOSP. Chrome browser in an exception. All other browsers that I've tried with AOSP have really jerky scrolling but Chrome is fine. I don't understand why that is.

Is there anything I can do to improve scrolling performance in an AOSP rom? I've tried "Force GPU Rendering" in Developer Options but it doesn't help.

Mohammed779
Old
Thanks Meter 163

DONATE TO ME
AOSP ROMs aren't designed for Samsung phones unlike touchwiz. AOSP doesn't use the power of the phone as effective as touchwiz so that causes the phone to be choppy. There is nothing you can do about that unfortunately..

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Android L Will Have Data Encryption Turned On by Default

Android L, once it is eventually released, will featuredata encryption turned on by … more

Lock Apps and Functions Easily with Droid Protector

Access and security are some of the key issues facingmobile technology. Whether … more

ARChon Lets You Run Android Apps in Google Chrome Browser

Not too long ago, Google added the ability torun select Android applications on … more

Flyme OS Finds Its Way to the Google Nexus 5

Flyme OS is a heavily modified Android variantdeveloped by the Meizu team for their MX … more