Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,106 Members 39,832 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Need help with build.prop edit

Tip us?

in_dmand
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
Default Need help with build.prop edit

I have rooted my phone and installed cwm recovery with the loki images built in. I am trying to modify my build.prop file so I can hide my soft keys manually and use lmt pie, but when I'm using Root Explorer (after I've mounted it as r/w) and when I open it with a text editor from RE it says "This file is too I large..." and displays a truncate version. It also won't let me save any edits. What am I doing wrong?

qsec
Old
Thanks Meter 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_dmand View Post
I have rooted my phone and installed cwm recovery with the loki images built in. I am trying to modify my build.prop file so I can hide my soft keys manually and use lmt pie, but when I'm using Root Explorer (after I've mounted it as r/w) and when I open it with a text editor from RE it says "This file is too I large..." and displays a truncate version. It also won't let me save any edits. What am I doing wrong?
I can do that above with RE, very strange problem you have.

Try a build.prop editor, i used this in the link. It sets correct permissions after editing and so on. Use the pencil icon in the bottom right to edit.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ld.prop.editor
Hammer_Of_The_Gods Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hi,

Same thing for me with Root Explorer, instead I use build.prop Editor

EDIT: not fast enough

in_dmand
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by qsec View Post
I can do that above with RE, very strange problem you have.

Try a build.prop editor, i used this in the link. It sets correct permissions after editing and so on. Use the pencil icon in the bottom right to edit.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ld.prop.editor
I got it and tried exactly like you said, and while it does pull it up and my keyboard pulls up and I can feel the haptic feedback, no letters will be inserted in deleted...? Really weird.

in_dmand
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
Maybe it's related to my root access? TB is showing I'm rooted, but check out my superuser app when I try to update an install new binaries...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-10-30-13-10-46.png
Views:	82
Size:	158.3 KB
ID:	2360107  

EniGmA1987
Old
Thanks Meter 735
Get rid of Superuser and try SuperSu instead. Sometimes the old Superuser has issues on ROMs since ICS.

in_dmand
Old
(Last edited by in_dmand; 30th October 2013 at 06:58 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by EniGmA1987 View Post
Get rid of Superuser and try SuperSu instead. Sometimes the old Superuser has issues on ROMs since ICS.
Downloaded and installed... Removed the old one. Still not letting me edit... Looks an feels like it is but won't enter any characters. At least RE isn't giving me the "too large" error anymore

custo
Old
Thanks Meter 51
Quote:
I got it and tried exactly like you said, and while it does pull it up and my keyboard pulls up and I can feel the haptic feedback, no letters will be inserted in deleted...? Really weird.
i had the same issue, couldn't figure out why. try replacing a commented line with the code to disable the nav bar

in_dmand
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
How do I know if it's just a commented line and not necessary to the program?

trifos
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
i had the same issue any help?
LG G2 D802 32GB