Micromax Takes OnePlus to Court! Android Wear Receives Lollipop – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop is available officially for the Moto 360! … more

Google Invites Selected Devs to Buy Project Tango Development Kit

Just about a month ago, the curious Project Tango development kit was … more

YU Yureka: Indian Handset with CyanogenMod

Thesoap opera involving Cyanogen Inc., OnePlus, and Micromax is one of the most talked about … more

Chainfire Turns Your Bootanimation into a Logging Center

Having a nice boot animation certainly adds a little bit of aesthetic polish to your … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

send to Chromecast by default in apps?

OP Jonnyapps

25th March 2014, 11:03 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 7

46 posts
Is there a way to have apps such as Netflix send to Chromecast by default?

I have a tablet dedicated to chromecast control but have to tell it to use chromecast each time in each app.

I'd settle for having to tap the cast icon each time but that I have to then specify which chromecast to send to when I only have one is infruriating.
25th March 2014, 05:16 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 324

1,884 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnyapps

Is there a way to have apps such as Netflix send to Chromecast by default?

I have a tablet dedicated to chromecast control but have to tell it to use chromecast each time in each app.

I'd settle for having to tap the cast icon each time but that I have to then specify which chromecast to send to when I only have one is infruriating.

While I'm sure it could be done but it wouldn't make sense to do because what happens when you want to watch something on the tablet or phone?

Consider this...With the right TV the two Cast button presses are in lieu of having to change the input on the TV since selecting a CCast will change the input for you and even turn the TV on if it was off.
25th March 2014, 07:32 PM   |  #3  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 882

2,248 posts
Donate to Me
More
Also, as mentioned elsewhere, the Cast button is designed to a pop-up menu, giving the option to disconnect, as well as see the label of the Chromecast.

I can understand the convenience, but I actually prefer the two-tap, with the AllCast beta which supported "always use this Chromecast" for single-click use, I had accidentally tapped and turned on the TV. Then I had to get the TV remote to turn the TV off, since Chromecast doesn't do that.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread