Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] what is R800x_FullStocknosimlockta_Verizon.ftf

OP xdarkmario

17th March 2014, 09:23 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 313

1,133 posts
More
I have a bootloader unlocked R800X and looking along the R800X Roms in the firmware section i see a ftf file called R800x_FullStocknosimlockta_Verizon.ftf. What does this file do? i haven't seen it before.
30th March 2014, 03:14 AM   |  #2  
Flag Iowa home of Slipkknot
Thanks Meter: 535

1,142 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdarkmario

I have a bootloader unlocked R800X and looking along the R800X Roms in the firmware section i see a ftf file called R800x_FullStocknosimlockta_Verizon.ftf. What does this file do? i haven't seen it before.

That is 2.3.2 gingerbread for sure I've flashed it but no idea what the full simlockta is

Sent from my ADR6300 using xda app-developers app
2nd April 2014, 04:26 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

1,133 posts
More
Yea one thing I seam to notice is that it was a downgrade

Ř800x
2nd April 2014, 05:55 PM   |  #4  

1,142 posts
More
Quote:

Yea one thing I seam to notice is that it was a downgrade

Ř800x

I flashed it once it's basically the firmware you get when you first get the phone from Verizon then Ota up to 234 but other than that I have no idea what or why the 800x had the no sim lock we can't use a sim card

5th April 2014, 06:25 PM   |  #5  
Flag Johnsberg
Thanks Meter: 6

46 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkharbinger81

I flashed it once it's basically the firmware you get when you first get the phone from Verizon then Ota up to 234 but other than that I have no idea what or why the 800x had the no sim lock we can't use a sim card

I would assume it is for using the play on another carrier that supports Verizon's radio's
5th April 2014, 06:36 PM   |  #6  

1,142 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubjectSigma

I would assume it is for using the play on another carrier that supports Verizon's radio's

It's possible I have no idea though

Does it matter where I sent this from?
10th November 2014, 10:24 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Post What you need to know about R800x_FullStocknosimlockta_Verizon.ftf
Quote:

The R800X does have a SIM card slot. it is concealed under the SD CARD slot by a piece of trim plastic. the trim plastic is just held on with a strip of double-sided tape.
To gain access to the unused SIM card slot. Turn your R800x off. Remove the battery cover, battery, and SD Card. Now use your finger nail or suitable whatever and gently slide it in the gap between the SD Card Slot and the Concealing plastic trim piece.
Now you can insert whatever SIM card (NEXTEL, or what-not) that happens to work on these phones.
18th November 2014, 06:54 AM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member

1,133 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by swtnicol

The R800X does have a SIM card slot. it is concealed under the SD CARD slot by a piece of trim plastic. the trim plastic is just held on with a strip of double-sided tape.
To gain access to the unused SIM card slot. Turn your R800x off. Remove the battery cover, battery, and SD Card. Now use your finger nail or suitable whatever and gently slide it in the gap between the SD Card Slot and the Concealing plastic trim piece.
Now you can insert whatever SIM card (NEXTEL, or what-not) that happens to work on these phones.

that cant be true....could it? cdma phones May indeed have hidden sims in some cases but their Soldered to the motherboard, i have been reading a little on that and some say theres a sim slot there. I have never seen it though and i have compleatly dissasembled my xperia play. but even if theres is one the radio can not pickup GSM Signals
Last edited by xdarkmario; 18th November 2014 at 06:59 AM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread