Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,743,150 Members 44,296 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How can I gain 15-20% more speed when using emulators? (Without OC'ing)

Tip us?

El Diablo
Old
(Last edited by El Diablo; 5th April 2014 at 11:19 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Default [Q] How can I gain 15-20% more speed when using emulators? (Without OC'ing)

Hey all,

Currently using xElite Gamer 2.0, tested in Aurora Play 2.0 as well, didn't notice any difference in frame rates. I'm getting +25-30 FPS in Justice League Heroes with PPSSPP but in combats the FPS drops to 20-22. Now I was wondering if there is any way to gain a little more speed, since I'm already using my Play at 1.6 GHz, and honestly I don't want to push my luck against higher frequencies. But I'm willing to "sacrifice" something like the camera to gain more RAM (don't know if it's going to help that much).

PS: Some players say Swap really helps with games, does it help with emulators as well?

Thanks in advance.

Bakisha
Old
Thanks Meter 467
Hardly. There is already enough free RAM that PPSSPP need, weak CPU is to blame for low performance in emulation. That's why you gain speed only by overclocking. Maybe in future, if they optimise code to run better on lower end CPU's, you might gain some speed. For now, what you see is what you get...

WhiteWashed
Old
Thanks Meter 33
I agree with Bakisha, sadly Xplay's hardware is ancient nowdays and 1GHz CPU single core is really weak for gaming, especially for emulation. Overclock doesn't help that much trough, I've tried FF Dissidia emulated with PPSSPP with 1.4, 1.6 and 2.0 GHz overclock and there wasn't almost any difference, the game was unplayable and I got a phone crash (forced reboot) with 2.0 GHz. Consider that some PSP games lags a bit even on phones like Note 3 with 3 GB RAM and quad-core CPU so you can't expect much more from the Xplay.