Default [Q] HTC One Black Screen

To keep it short: I have a VZW HTC One unlocked and rooted running a 4.4.2 Nexus 5 port. Everything is fine and dandy until today when the screen shuts off. Phone is still completely responsive in that I can adjust volume, unlock, computer recognizes it, etc. I have found a lot of threads about HTC One black screen and noticed that there were a wide variety of causes and such so I am trying to consolidate information about this particular problem here.

Prior to this issue I had not flashed anything since January, sideloaded any APK's in as long. No problems with the rom, no abnormalities, etc. Was sitting and playing Jetpack Joyride when the screen shut off. The hardware buttons were still on. Rebooting the phone multiple times made no difference. Audio still works (can hear notifications).

What I have tried:

Rebooting the phone while aiming a bright light at the ambient light sensor (assuming the sensor is on the top bezel, I could not find any concrete evidence of the location).

Forcing a reboot through Fastboot.

Reinstalling HTC One drivers and doing it again.

For whatever reason it seems that fastboot can recognize the device but not ADB...

Now if no other solution presents itself, do I need to backup, reroot, relock, and send back to HTC for a replacement?