Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,023 Members 44,020 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Bootloop - Can access Recovery

Tip us?

bendrick92
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Bootloop - Can access Recovery

Hey everyone,

So earlier this evening I attempted to flash a new ROM to my Transformer. Unfortunately, something went wonky during the Factory Reset and it froze for about an hour. Not knowing what else to do, I ended up resetting the tablet and booting back into Recovery.

Long story short, I currently have TWRP v2.6.3.2 installed and accessible. Unfortunately I am unable to boot into any ROM I flash. I am able to go through the setup process just fine (have tried CROMi-X 5.4 and CROMi-X 5.2.3), but once the tablet restarts after installing, I am stuck at a boot loop on the ASUS splash screen. Did I inadvertently delete some system files that aren't replaced with a new ROM?

I'm out of ideas at this point and am hoping someone out there can help guide me in the right direction. My current plan is to try reverting to the stock Android provided by ASUS on their website (4.2.1). I really appreciate any advice/help anyone can provide, and thank you in advance!
The Following User Says Thank You to bendrick92 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

_that
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2381
If you want to know what the problem is, get a logcat. If you just want to fix it, do another Factory Reset. If that doesn't work, run "Format Data" in TWRP (this may take 1-2 hours). Note that this will delete all your user data on the tablet.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to _that For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bendrick92
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by _that View Post
If you want to know what the problem is, get a logcat. If you just want to fix it, do another Factory Reset. If that doesn't work, run "Format Data" in TWRP (this may take 1-2 hours). Note that this will delete all your user data on the tablet.
Thank you so so much for your help _that. I had no luck after doing another Factory Reset, but a second run through TWRP's "Format Data" worked like a charm. Kudos to XDA for being the savior of my sanity!
The Following User Says Thank You to bendrick92 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]