Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,867 Members 41,965 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Tried replacing screen assembly, new screen broke. What to do?

Tip us?

Xura08
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 25
Default [Q] Tried replacing screen assembly, new screen broke. What to do?

I tried replacing the screen on my One X and when I hooked it up it seemed to work fine. Once I confirmed the screen/digitizer worked I put the battery in and put it all back together. Then the screen decided not to work and wouldn't display anything but lines and some light. I'm not sure what happened, maybe pushing the assembly into the housing pulled the ribbon out of the phone. I'm not sure.

I'm thinking about upgrading to the XL or X+ but I'm curious, is there a chance my phone is damaged aside from the screen? When I have it plugged into the computer and turned on it isn't detected at all. Also, when I confirmed the screen worked I noticed I had a bootloop, which is odd since it worked fine before. I'm not sure what I did

And no, unfortunately debugging is disabled :/

timmaaa
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5329

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xura08 View Post
I tried replacing the screen on my One X and when I hooked it up it seemed to work fine. Once I confirmed the screen/digitizer worked I put the battery in and put it all back together. Then the screen decided not to work and wouldn't display anything but lines and some light. I'm not sure what happened, maybe pushing the assembly into the housing pulled the ribbon out of the phone. I'm not sure.

I'm thinking about upgrading to the XL or X+ but I'm curious, is there a chance my phone is damaged aside from the screen? When I have it plugged into the computer and turned on it isn't detected at all. Also, when I confirmed the screen worked I noticed I had a bootloop, which is odd since it worked fine before. I'm not sure what I did

And no, unfortunately debugging is disabled :/
Perhaps you shouldn't have attempted the repair yourself if you don't really know what you're doing. My suggestion would be to take it to a professional and get them to inspect the device. By the way, you're posting in the wrong forum, this is the HTC One XL forum.
HTC Evita | CandyKat | Torched KK
S-off | 2.18 | TWRP 2.7.1.0
Do not PM me asking for assistance, that's what my Q&A thread is for!