FORUMS

[Q] Weirdest problem I've ever seen - Anyone can shed me a light?

2 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By RGancz, Junior Member on 17th March 2014, 09:44 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hi,

After learning so much on the forum, this is my first post.

I've never seen a problem like this and I did everything I could in order to solve it. I really ask for the help of forum members to shed a light...

PROBLEM:

When the internet is set on WCDMA/GSM or WCDMA only, it works for a little time (something between 10seconds to 5 minutes) and stops for a random time (something between 1 to 30 minutes).
If I make a call and it connects, during the duration of the call the HSPA works flawlessly (That is way too weird!)

FACTS:

1 - The internet works perfectly in the GSM only mode
2 - The place where I'm has a great reception for the HSPA (I have another phone to make sure of it)
3 - I did a complete factory reset and now I've KitKat 4.4 (installed through Odin) and the phone is rooted. The problem was there before all of that.
4 - As I said, during a call the connection works great without any problems at all.

Is there anything I can do? I complained to my service provider and they opened a file to send to the tech department.
My guesses are either there is something wrong with the SIM card or with my line. But I want to rule out any software or hardware issues...

Is there anyone that can help me?

Thanks

17th March 2014, 11:13 PM |#2  
Nottingham
Thanks Meter: 30

More
I've had glitchy internet once after flashing a custom ROM. Couldn't find anything wrong as well.
Then I stumbled on a tip from someone who said it could be the location settings under Google settings.
I switched once to GPS only and then selected high precision and after that the problem was gone.
Don't know if it will help you but definitely worth a quick try.
Hope it helps.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda app-developers app
Last edited by Reefee; 17th March 2014 at 11:32 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Reefee For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th March 2014, 11:24 PM |#3  
Flag Wichita Falls, Texas
Thanks Meter: 270

More
What are you running? Stock? Unrooted?

If not, be sure you aren't using any Xposed Modules or apps that automatically tweak your data connection.
Make sure your APN settings are correct for your provider.

Other than those things, I can't think of anything else that would make your connection as wonky as it is.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to Ryo Misaki For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th March 2014, 01:27 AM |#4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Ryo,

I'm running stock KitKat 4.4.2. Anyway, the problem was there on 4.3 also. Yes, it is unrooted but with just a few apps and none of them messes the conexion...And, in any case, I've done hard resets at least 3 times...

Reefee

Thanks for the info. Unfortunatly without luck. Still, I've found out that while the GPS is working (say, under Google Maps), the HSPA also works...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread