Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,951 Members 52,824 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Clarification on rooting and knox

Tip us?
 
jmc2543
Old
#1  
jmc2543's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21
Posts: 145
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: WI

 
DONATE TO ME
Question Clarification on rooting and knox

OK so I have looked everywhere to find out which method is ok to run on the vz version of the note 3 running MJE. I think I find my answer and then people start talking about a different model of the note 3. So I figured the best way to find out is just ask.

How do I root without tripping the knox security? I'd like the option to flash my own roms, but have been able to figure out on my own that flashing a custom recovery will trip xnox. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Current

Device (Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3)
ROM Stock


Retired
Device (Samsung Galaxy Nexus)
ROM (CM10.1 nightly )
Radio(Stock)
Kernel (Stock)
Recovery
(ClockworkMod Touch)


Device (Motorola Xoom LTE)
ROM (CyanogenMod 10)
The Following User Says Thank You to jmc2543 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Harleydroid
Old
#2  
Harleydroid's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 610
Posts: 1,446
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: The Fort
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmc2543 View Post
OK so I have looked everywhere to find out which method is ok to run on the vz version of the note 3 running MJE. I think I find my answer and then people start talking about a different model of the note 3. So I figured the best way to find out is just ask.

How do I root without tripping the knox security? I'd like the option to flash my own roms, but have been able to figure out on my own that flashing a custom recovery will trip xnox. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Right now Kingo can be used to root mje build without tripping Knox. I have heard some guys having success with older versions of Kingo.
The only recovery available is safestrap. Since our bootloader is locked down. Safestrap and flashing roms for safestrap will not trip knox either.
Also heard guys using Vroot to root mje.

Tapped via my Blacked out Eclipsed Note 3
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Harleydroid For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
jmc2543
Old
#3  
jmc2543's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21
Posts: 145
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: WI

 
DONATE TO ME
This is what I had assumed from what I read I just wanted to hear it for sure, directly for our device. Thanks a ton!!
Current

Device (Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3)
ROM Stock


Retired
Device (Samsung Galaxy Nexus)
ROM (CM10.1 nightly )
Radio(Stock)
Kernel (Stock)
Recovery
(ClockworkMod Touch)


Device (Motorola Xoom LTE)
ROM (CyanogenMod 10)
 
Harleydroid
Old
#4  
Harleydroid's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 610
Posts: 1,446
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: The Fort
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmc2543 View Post
This is what I had assumed from what I read I just wanted to hear it for sure, directly for our device. Thanks a ton!!
You bet bro. Maybe I will see you in the Eclipse thread😆

Tapped via my Blacked out Eclipsed Note 3
 
kubes069
Old
#5  
kubes069's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 33
Posts: 176
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: New Jersey
Actually thanks for this thread, I was wondering the same thing. If I could add to it, is it possible to unroot and go back to complete stock if need be?
 
jmc2543
Old
#6  
jmc2543's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21
Posts: 145
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: WI

 
DONATE TO ME
There are instructions on how to unroot back to stock but like everything else can't conform it is for this model. Thank you vz and Samsung for making crap difficult!
Current

Device (Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3)
ROM Stock


Retired
Device (Samsung Galaxy Nexus)
ROM (CM10.1 nightly )
Radio(Stock)
Kernel (Stock)
Recovery
(ClockworkMod Touch)


Device (Motorola Xoom LTE)
ROM (CyanogenMod 10)
 
LeftyGR
Old
#7  
LeftyGR's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 684
Posts: 1,089
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Bloomington, IL
Quote:
Originally Posted by kubes069 View Post
Actually thanks for this thread, I was wondering the same thing. If I could add to it, is it possible to unroot and go back to complete stock if need be?
Yeppers! Flashing the stock image with odin will wipe all traces of root and safestrap, and return your phone to normal.

<Note3>
I will not apologize for art.

The Following User Says Thank You to LeftyGR For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes