Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,832 Members 51,418 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Help: (Bricked) Kindle Fire HD 8.9 shows up as OMAP4470 USB Device

Tip us?

AlSat
Old
(Last edited by AlSat; 1st May 2013 at 01:11 AM.) Reason: Add Screen Capture of Device Manager
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
Default [Q] Help: (Bricked) Kindle Fire HD 8.9 shows up as OMAP4470 USB Device

After trying to root, my Kindle Fire HD 8.9 shows up as "OMAP4470 USB Device on Windows. Screen is black. May have damaged bootloader. Think I may have used a file intended for an older version Kindle. Can't get fastboot. Factory cable does not work with this device.

The device ID shows up as:
USB\VID_0451&PID_D012&REV_0000
USB\VID_0451&PID_D012

Screen Capture attached:

OMAP4470 is the TI processor used in this device. Anyboody care to comment/help?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	OMAP4470.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	1923421  

AlSat
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
Default At least say someting if you know anything

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlSat View Post
After trying to root, my Kindle Fire HD 8.9 shows up as "OMAP4470 USB Device on Windows. Screen is black. May have damaged bootloader. Think I may have used a file intended for an older version Kindle. Can't get fastboot. Factory cable does not work with this device.

The device ID shows up as:
USB\VID_0451&PID_D012&REV_0000
USB\VID_0451&PID_D012

Screen Capture attached:

OMAP4470 is the TI processor used in this device. Anyboody care to comment/help?
At least say someting if you know anything

mathman114
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlSat View Post
At least say someting if you know anything
I'm far from an expert, but I don't think there's much you can do. No one has the drivers for that omap device. See if you can send it back to amazon. I dont think they can verify for sure that you voided your warranty.

BTW, there's a chance I'm totally wrong.
The Following User Says Thank You to mathman114 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

AlSat
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
Default Thanks for replying

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathman114 View Post
I'm far from an expert, but I don't think there's much you can do. No one has the drivers for that omap device. See if you can send it back to amazon. I dont think they can verify for sure that you voided your warranty.

BTW, there's a chance I'm totally wrong.
Thanks for at least replying. I figured that might be the case. Thans.

pyraxiate
Old
Thanks Meter 633
Did amazon replace it for you ? Im in the same boat >.>
Devices - T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 2 | Asus Transformer Tab TF300T
Roms - JediMaster 13 + Jedi X 13 - - - - - - - | CleanRom Inheritance 3.4.6 W / Untermench's 10.4.4.20 Kernel
Home Internet Speed - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -> Work Internet Speed

If I have helped and you would like to donate, Click Here

blopido
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyraxiate View Post
Did amazon replace it for you ? Im in the same boat >.>
I had a brick as well and they told me they would replace it. I don't think it's the right thing to do, however, so I didn't accept.

AlSat
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
Same here. Not fair to ask Amazon to replace it. I think I may have found something to try using linux/usb. I will post results after I try it.

Sent from my ThunderBolt using xda premium

jeromebzh
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hi!
Did someone find a solution, i'm in the same case here.
Black screen after rooting, when i plug the kindle fire to the computer, i hear usb connection sound, usb deconnection sound etc etc...
I don't know what to do
Thank you

stunts513
Old
(Last edited by stunts513; 29th September 2013 at 11:59 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 603

DONATE TO ME
Open the device manager before you plug the kindle in, if you see a jem, otter, or Tate device that appears for an instant, you are in luck, if it says omap440, you either need to send it in to amazon or if they won't accept, you can send it to @kurohyou and see if he can fix it. Before you think its hard-bricked there are other ways to know for sure if it is one so don't freak out if u can't see any device in the device manager when it connects and disconnects.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD running CM10.1 Tablet UI using xda-developers app
My Wallpaper Fix for KF2, KFHD 7", and KFHD 8.9" is HERE
Please Read the instructions and use the debugger if you run into errors.
My own modified adb drivers for just about all kindles (includes old twrp and cm versions) HERE
Tablet UI Patch for latest CM10.1 build HERE!

Please send complaints to /dev/null

AlSat
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
Default Yea. it says OMAP...

Quote:
Originally Posted by stunts513 View Post
Open the device manager before you plug the kindle in, if you see a jem, otter, or Tate device that appears for an instant, you are in luck, if it says omap440, you either need to send it in to amazon or if they won't accept, you can send it to @kurohyou and see if he can fix it. Before you think its hard-bricked there are other ways to know for sure if it is one so don't freak out if u can't see any device in the device manager when it connects and disconnects.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD running CM10.1 Tablet UI using xda-developers app
Thanks for the reply. I understand omap is the processor amazon uses, so there's that. Can't send to Amazon. No funds to pay for repair. I found something here : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1430038 that I think I might try. What do you think?