FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Just a suggestion from a noob

25 posts
Thanks Meter: 3

By larryb1951, Junior Member on 13th March 2014, 04:54 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I am really green at all this hacking stuff and read the forums as much and often as i can. I have a suggestion which may help i know it would me>
When all you hard working hackers and i and many others appreciate all your hard work put up a tut or a procedure it would be nice if there was a place in the corner that listed what devices it will work on ex. kindle fire 7" 7"hd or 8.9hd also which build of the rom it will work on ex. 8.4.1 or 8.4.8
I know they are in separate forums but still really confusing. Or even a chart showing the different root programs that would be updated as things progress. Just a suggestion from a new guy trying to learn from you smart hard working guys and girls.

13th March 2014, 08:31 PM |#2  
Flag New Braunfels, TX
Thanks Meter: 630

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by larryb1951

I am really green at all this hacking stuff and read the forums as much and often as i can. I have a suggestion which may help i know it would me>
When all you hard working hackers and i and many others appreciate all your hard work put up a tut or a procedure it would be nice if there was a place in the corner that listed what devices it will work on ex. kindle fire 7" 7"hd or 8.9hd also which build of the rom it will work on ex. 8.4.1 or 8.4.8
I know they are in separate forums but still really confusing. Or even a chart showing the different root programs that would be updated as things progress. Just a suggestion from a new guy trying to learn from you smart hard working guys and girls.

i think the dev section has somethign similar to that, i fyou goto the sub-forum for your device, look for a "all things kindle fire hd(insertmodelhere)"
Not sure if it's kept up to date as i don't ever use it except for reference for links. The flashing process is always going to be the same, so theres not much need to say if it works with x.4.8, only difference is, is that whenever theres not a current freedomboot image it will bootloop into recovery, so you would need to know to either put the rom on ahead of tiem before you install 2nd bootloader and twrp or you would have to push it. Actually i think they should just add that to the tutorials at then end, just add a notice (if your version of amazon os is newer than current freedomboot, put rom on sdcard ahead of time)
that would be very useful.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)