Post Reply

Other ways to S-OFF besides using Juopunutbear

OP johnnyham89

29th March 2014, 04:33 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 16
 
282 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2008
My HBOOT version is 1.27. For some reason I can't seem to successfully get passed installing the required stock Sense ROM that Juopunutbear requires. Is there any other possible way for to S-OFF if I am on a Kit Kat ROM? Any tools that can S-OFF?

Forgot to add that I am HTC Dev unlocked.
Last edited by johnnyham89; 29th March 2014 at 04:44 AM.
29th March 2014, 09:12 AM   |  #2  
Mile_zdr's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bitola
Thanks Meter: 273
 
834 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyham89

My HBOOT version is 1.27. For some reason I can't seem to successfully get passed installing the required stock Sense ROM that Juopunutbear requires. Is there any other possible way for to S-OFF if I am on a Kit Kat ROM? Any tools that can S-OFF?

Forgot to add that I am HTC Dev unlocked.

No you can't,with 1.27 hboot you have to be on stock rom..

From my HTC sensation-sense 5
29th March 2014, 03:26 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 16
 
282 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile_zdr

No you can't,with 1.27 hboot you have to be on stock rom..

From my HTC sensation-sense 5

Since I am HTC Dev unlocked, is there any way to get back to stock without flashing a zip? Would I be able to flash an RUU and still maintain my unlocked status?

Sent from my One X using xda app-developers app
29th March 2014, 05:12 PM   |  #4  
Mile_zdr's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bitola
Thanks Meter: 273
 
834 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyham89

Since I am HTC Dev unlocked, is there any way to get back to stock without flashing a zip? Would I be able to flash an RUU and still maintain my unlocked status?

Sent from my One X using xda app-developers app

No you need to relock your bootloader to flash RUU , but don't worry after you s-off you will flash 3.33 firmware and that will ulock you bootloader and after that flash recovery and do what you wanna do..
Btw why do you need to s-off?
The Following User Says Thank You to Mile_zdr For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th March 2014, 07:56 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 16
 
282 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile_zdr

No you need to relock your bootloader to flash RUU , but don't worry after you s-off you will flash 3.33 firmware and that will ulock you bootloader and after that flash recovery and do what you wanna do..
Btw why do you need to s-off?

I mainly just want to update to firmware 3.33 Universal (found here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1459767). Can you link me to an RUU that will allow me to S-OFF. I am also assuming that there is no other way to S-OFF besides using Juopunutbear's method?
29th March 2014, 09:40 PM   |  #6  
Far_SighT's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Roorkee
Thanks Meter: 160
 
525 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyham89

I mainly just want to update to firmware 3.33 Universal (found here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1459767). Can you link me to an RUU that will allow me to S-OFF. I am also assuming that there is no other way to S-OFF besides using Juopunutbear's method?

You can't flash a custom firmware while s-on (it's the reason htc named this state s-on). There's simply no way unless you can pull off JTAG and sh**.
You can get 3.33.xxx.xxx via RUU (only after locking bootloader), but you can't flash 3.33 universal otherwise. If you want to switch carriers, you gotta s-off man.
30th March 2014, 12:46 AM   |  #7  
rzr86's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Nafpaktos
Thanks Meter: 2,117
 
7,087 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
More
you can also use the flashable stock rom to install it from recovery
link in my signature
by the way what recovery do you have and why you can't flash the stock rom?
30th March 2014, 03:00 PM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 16
 
282 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by rzr86

you can also use the flashable stock rom to install it from recovery
link in my signature
by the way what recovery do you have and why you can't flash the stock rom?

I'm trying to flash the 3.32 ROM located in this how to thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1614617

Every time I flash it I get the white HTC logo and then a black screen until I pull the battery. I am using 4ext recovery.

Sent from my One X using xda app-developers app
30th March 2014, 09:10 PM   |  #9  
rzr86's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Nafpaktos
Thanks Meter: 2,117
 
7,087 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyham89

I'm trying to flash the 3.32 ROM located in this how to thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1614617

Every time I flash it I get the white HTC logo and then a black screen until I pull the battery. I am using 4ext recovery.

Sent from my One X using xda app-developers app

use the one from the link in my signature
before flashing the rom format all partitions excpet sdcard from 4ext
enable smartflash from 4ext
flash the rom

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes