Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,603 Members 41,185 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Silk Browser Reloading Tabs

Tip us?

philwaters21
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Silk Browser Reloading Tabs

I actually love the KFHD 8.9, I do.

But I am frustrated with Silk. Let's say I open 2 a tab, everything works fine in my view. But if I open a 2nd tab or 3rd tab and go back to the 1st tab, the page reloads. This is incredibly frustrating, especially if the page I am on is built in a way which keeps the URL the same no matter where in the site I navigate.

Is there a way I can stop the tabs from reloading/refreshing?

stunts513
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 603

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by philwaters21 View Post
I actually love the KFHD 8.9, I do.

But I am frustrated with Silk. Let's say I open 2 a tab, everything works fine in my view. But if I open a 2nd tab or 3rd tab and go back to the 1st tab, the page reloads. This is incredibly frustrating, especially if the page I am on is built in a way which keeps the URL the same no matter where in the site I navigate.

Is there a way I can stop the tabs from reloading/refreshing?
Have you tried a different web browser? I hated silk, i couldn't even enable flash in it, so i switched to dolphin. Though once i switched to cm i kinda loved their stock browser.
My Wallpaper Fix for KF2, KFHD 7", and KFHD 8.9" is HERE
Please Read the instructions and use the debugger if you run into errors.
My own modified adb drivers for just about all kindles (includes old twrp and cm versions) HERE
Tablet UI Patch for latest CM10.1 build HERE!

Please send complaints to /dev/null

philwaters21
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by stunts513 View Post
Have you tried a different web browser? I hated silk, i couldn't even enable flash in it, so i switched to dolphin. Though once i switched to cm i kinda loved their stock browser.
Yes I have used other browsers and it is pretty much the same. Tabs reloading after revisiting a while later.

I agree the browser on CM is excellent but I actually prefer the carousel and KFHD home.

philwaters21
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by philwaters21 View Post
Yes I have used other browsers and it is pretty much the same. Tabs reloading after revisiting a while later.

I agree the browser on CM is excellent but I actually prefer the carousel and KFHD home.
Actually I am convinced it is a memory management issue as it doesn't happen when CM is loaded on the device.