Bricked Recovery

Search This thread

kaluna00

Mar 24, 2011
Tacoma
Hello All,
I'm not sure how I bricked my recovery, but I did. When i try to boot into recovery via quickboot or power off -> Vol DN + Power. I get the little dead Android guy.
If I leave it connected to my computer and boot into the recovery I get like 15 or 20 little 'new drive' windows that pop up (like putting in a flash drive) except these say they need to be 'Formatted'. Of course I just closed those. There is one drive that you can browse though and it looks like the image files for the phones OS. But I'm not sure what they are...
Anyway, I have tried to do the Full reset (see link)
http://www.droidviews.com/how-to-res...tock-firmware/
and thought that might take care of it... but I still get the little android on his back when I try to boot into the recovery SW.
Oddly enough, you can still hold down the power button to hard shutdown the phone and reboot into the ROM (flashed back to 10b) using the .TOT file and the process in the link above.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

monkee012

Sep 3, 2009
Hello All,
I'm not sure how I bricked my recovery, but I did. When i try to boot into recovery via quickboot or power off -> Vol DN + Power. I get the little dead Android guy.
If I leave it connected to my computer and boot into the recovery I get like 15 or 20 little 'new drive' windows that pop up (like putting in a flash drive) except these say they need to be 'Formatted'. Of course I just closed those. There is one drive that you can browse though and it looks like the image files for the phones OS. But I'm not sure what they are...
and thought that might take care of it... but I still get the little android on his back when I try to boot into the recovery SW.
Oddly enough, you can still hold down the power button to hard shutdown the phone and reboot into the ROM (flashed back to 10b) using the .TOT file and the process in the link above.

Try this:
- unplug your device
- make sure device is completely off (hold and press power button until it turns off completely *when it cycles into the LG logo, continue to hold it and it'll turn off)
- give it a few seconds, then hold "power" + "vol down"
- AS SOON AS LG LOGO APPEARS, let everything go, then ONLY push "power" and hold it
- should take you to a white screen asking if you want to erase data or something, just push "power" once
- should take you into recovery

If this doesnt work, let me know and i'll give you directions on how to unbrick back into stock factory

Reactions: kaluna00

kaluna00

Mar 24, 2011
Tacoma
Hello All,

took the 11A OTA and it still has the dead android guy on his back when booting into the Recovery (or trying to...)

kaluna00

Mar 24, 2011
Tacoma
Try this:
- unplug your device
- make sure device is completely off (hold and press power button until it turns off completely *when it cycles into the LG logo, continue to hold it and it'll turn off)
- AS SOON AS LG LOGO APPEARS, let everything go, then ONLY push "power" and hold it
- should take you to a white screen asking if you want to erase data or something, just push "power" once

If this doesnt work, let me know and i'll give you directions on how to unbrick back into stock factory

In the process of trying this out... I'll let you know how it turns out.

kaluna00

Mar 24, 2011
Tacoma
In the process of trying this out... I'll let you know how it turns out.

Thanks for the try... but I still get the dead android guy. :(
Its my wifes phone and she is kinda getting tired of me trying to get a custom rom on it for her...

I did to the TOT flash with the LGFlashTool and it worked to change the ROM, and did something to the recovery.. I was getting a blank screen before the TOT flash, but after when trying to boot into recovery it showed the dead android on his back. Thanks for the thought though.

greatnesstx

Aug 29, 2007
Ok it returned the recovery back to stock. So this good, just reroot and use freegee to flash recovery

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

greatnesstx

Aug 29, 2007
Ok You totally can revert back to version VS9810

---------- Post added at 04:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:22 AM ----------

I just recently bought an Lg f2f and it was version 12, I just used lg flash tool and reverted it back to 10 then I rooted, use freegee and BAM back in business

greatnesstx

Aug 29, 2007
There are plenty of Roms out there that have rooted stock 12b if you want to be on the latest ota

---------- Post added at 04:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 AM ----------

To be honest once I get a phone I never take an ota, but I know for a fact you can root and use freegee on either or 10a or 10b

Reactions: kaluna00

kaluna00

Mar 24, 2011
Tacoma
There are plenty of Roms out there that have rooted stock 12b if you want to be on the latest ota

---------- Post added at 04:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 AM ----------

To be honest once I get a phone I never take an ota, but I know for a fact you can root and use freegee on either or 10a or 10b

I would love to get to MicroMod's stock 12b rom for her... but I can't get a custom recovery on this darn thing... I normally avoid OTA's as well. but I was hoping that would fix my recovery problem...
It sounds like the TOT flash fixed it though (i just didn't realize it at that point). I thought the little android on his back was a bad thing... but if that is just what happens with the stock recovery, then I was OK and didn't know it. I appreciate your help and input! :highfive:
I'll see if she is happy the way it is or not... right now it is just stock Rom; rooted. maybe that is good enough for her. It just bugs me I couldn't get it to install the way I wanted.

monkee012

Sep 3, 2009
I would love to get to MicroMod's stock 12b rom for her... but I can't get a custom recovery on this darn thing... I normally avoid OTA's as well. but I was hoping that would fix my recovery problem...
It sounds like the TOT flash fixed it though (i just didn't realize it at that point). I thought the little android on his back was a bad thing... but if that is just what happens with the stock recovery, then I was OK and didn't know it. I appreciate your help and input! :highfive:
I'll see if she is happy the way it is or not... right now it is just stock Rom; rooted. maybe that is good enough for her. It just bugs me I couldn't get it to install the way I wanted.

Original stock is the 10A; that's what mine was when i first got it. there were a couple of OTA's after that, i think that's the 11-12 variants. So, i'd try with the 10 stock rom first; then reroot, add twrp/CM recovery.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello All,

Try this:
    - unplug your device

took the 11A OTA and it still has the dead android guy on his back when booting into the Recovery (or trying to...)

Try this thread. It'll help you get back to factory stock.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2432476
    Moved out of the Development Sections, as this does not belong there.....Thanks.