Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,599 Members 36,031 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[SOLVED][Q]Persistent AccuWeather on LockScreen??!!?

Tip us?

VeeDaub
Old
(Last edited by VeeDaub; 18th March 2014 at 04:07 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11

DONATE TO ME
Default [SOLVED][Q]Persistent AccuWeather on LockScreen??!!?

I'm on my Rooted SM-N900W8 running Official Samsung 4.4.2 with various mods and this one issue is the only problem I've had with it. When I changed the DPI in Build.Props from stock 480 to "phablet" 320 I noticed some times on the lock screen is the AccuWeather widget that won't go away, I can turn the display off and back on and its gone, some times its not. I have already AccuWeather from the device so I don't understand where this widget is coming from or how to disable it?

Samsung Galaxy S3 - Model: SGH-I747/M - ROM: CyanogenMod 11 Nightlies - Kernel: Stock - Storage: 16GB + 64GB SDXC
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - Model: SM-N900W8 - ROM: Rooted TW 4.3 - Kernel: Stock - Storage: 32GB + 64GB SDXC - KNOX: 0x1
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - Model: SM-N900W8 - ROM: CyanogenMod 11 M8 - Kernel: Stock - Storage: 32GB + 64GB SDXC - KNOX: 0x0

VeeDaub
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11

DONATE TO ME
Figured it out, the AccuWeather is integrated into the stock Samsung Clock they have for the lock screen, when you pull down on the lock screen clock widget, it expands into the AccuWeather widget, the only way was to remove it from the lock screen and find a new clock widget. Found a cool skin for UCCW that I'm using now. Everything is perfect again.

In short, to anyone else who is having this problem, which when I was searching, is quite a few people, you can NOT get rid of it and use the stock clock at the same time, you need to go to Settings, under the Device tab, go down to Lock Screen, and activate the switch for Multi widgets.

From there you can go back to your lock screen, pull down on the clock, long press on the clock/accuweather widget, move it up to the trash can and delete it from the lock screen never looking back. then click the box with the plus in it to add a new widget to the lock screen.

If you're like me and simplicity is key, then once you have your one widget picked, go back to settings, device, lock screen, and turn Multi widgets back off and you will have a lock screen you can't slide side to side with the new widget you picked and no AccuWeather.

I guess the reason it was coming up now is because I have the DPI set so high it's finding there is more room to run AccuWeather widget as if it's already pulled down so this problem was always there. I just didn't notice it until I change my DPI.

I hope this helps anyone else who has this problem, I know there's a lot of people out there because I found more threads of people with problems and not one solution that works. Mine works, but you can't use the nice simple off set clock from Samsung anymore which is kind of a shame, but the UCCW skins have thousands of good ones that are close enough for me.
Samsung Galaxy S3 - Model: SGH-I747/M - ROM: CyanogenMod 11 Nightlies - Kernel: Stock - Storage: 16GB + 64GB SDXC
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - Model: SM-N900W8 - ROM: Rooted TW 4.3 - Kernel: Stock - Storage: 32GB + 64GB SDXC - KNOX: 0x1
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - Model: SM-N900W8 - ROM: CyanogenMod 11 M8 - Kernel: Stock - Storage: 32GB + 64GB SDXC - KNOX: 0x0