Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,867 Members 41,980 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] [SOLVED] updating default apps

Tip us?

muhammad.uzi1994
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
Default [Q] [SOLVED] updating default apps

hey all, i have a query, last week i ran an RUU 1.29.707.4 on my phone and it installed some default apps on my phone like 7Digital , now i understand that these default apps are necessary for applying OTA updates as OTA checks md5 sum of these default apps. but today, i checked PlayStore and there was an update available for the 7Digital app so i went ahead and updated it. My question is this : can this updated 7Digital app affect OTAs by failing the md5 checksum or does the md5 remain the same even after updating the app? i just updated the app via playstore, didnt rename, remove or move it. Thanks in advance

cr1960
Old
Thanks Meter 291
Quote:
Originally Posted by muhammad.uzi1994 View Post
hey all, i have a query, last week i ran an RUU 1.29.707.4 on my phone and it installed some default apps on my phone like 7Digital , now i understand that these default apps are necessary for applying OTA updates as OTA checks md5 sum of these default apps. but today, i checked PlayStore and there was an update available for the 7Digital app so i went ahead and updated it. My question is this : can this updated 7Digital app affect OTAs by failing the md5 checksum or does the md5 remain the same even after updating the app? i just updated the app via playstore, didnt rename, remove or move it. Thanks in advance
updating apps won't stop OTA. you can even add some apps if you like too.

HTC M8
ROM: Renovate
The Following User Says Thank You to cr1960 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

muhammad.uzi1994
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by cr1960 View Post
updating apps won't stop OTA. you can even add some apps if you like too.
ok, thanks, so it means i can update default apps that came with the RUU via playstore, it wont affect OTAs?

cr1960
Old
Thanks Meter 291
Quote:
ok, thanks, so it means i can update default apps that came with the RUU via playstore, it wont affect OTAs?
correct

HTC M8
ROM: Renovate
The Following User Says Thank You to cr1960 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nkk71
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2713
Quote:
and please next time, make up your mind if you want to PM who knows how many people OR open a thread at the same time, double posting is really not recommended

muhammad.uzi1994
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkk71 View Post
and please next time, make up your mind if you want to PM who knows how many people OR open a thread at the same time, double posting is really not recommended
ok