Some of Our Favorite Features in Android 5.0 Lollipop

Android 5.0 Lollipop is the latest major revision to Google’s mobile operating … more

Sony SmartEyeglass SDK Developer Preview Released

A little over a month ago in Tokyo, Japan, Sony unveiled its new SmartEyeglasstechnology. … more

XDA and Leaseweb: Server Trial/Moto 360 Contest (Winners!)

About a month ago, we held a contest along with XDA’s host, Leaseweb, to … more

Updated Android Lollipop Preview Images – XDA TV

The Android Lollipop Preview Images are now available! That and much more news is … more

Question Help! Anyone else having MMS send problems with GPE or GPE converted phones?

OP Daman09

17th March 2014, 06:38 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 21

144 posts
More
I can usually troubleshoot problems I have with my phone, but this one is just crazy.

I'm going a little nuts here, I have an AT&T HTC One that I converted to a GPE phone, and for some reason, half of the photos I try to send via MMS appear on the other end with this message and no photo: one or more of the message components have been deleted by mms adaptation. either the message was too large or the components were unsuitable for your handset.

This usually only happens if the photo is large, but doesn't happen if I use the stock messaging app. I'm currently using hangouts, but has been reproduced on textra. I've swapped the Sim with my father's stock sense HTC one (4.2.2), and the photos send fine.

I literally have no idea what the problem is, or how to fix it, I've screwed around with APN settings, uninstalled and reinstalled hangouts. I'm at wits end, and my only guess is that there is something at the OS level that is problematic, something weird about hangouts on the GPE phone, or something on AT$T's end that doesn't like my phone being a GPE variant (also, the APN settings on the GPE phone didn't have the option for MMS profiles? The sense one did, and was set to WAP 2.0, maybe this is the problem?)

Any help or insight would be appreciated. If you are on a GPE HTC One or a converted to GPE HTC One and would like to help me out, try sending this image via MMS to another person, and tell me if it was successful and what carrier you're on (I'm on AT&T):

http://organicspark.wpengine.netdna-...1/02/Dates.jpg [1]

I just tried using a different GPE rom, and that didn't work either. I'm about to try a Sense rom and see what happens.

Thanks in advance!
18th March 2014, 03:09 PM   |  #2  
Flag Dallas
Thanks Meter: 98

612 posts
More
If your using google hangouts for your SMS / MMS that wont work.
Im pretty sure hangouts does not support MMS at this time. I tried it on my nexus 5 and both messages came in blank to the other party. I had to email them the pics.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread