Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,266 Members 40,328 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Amazon Prime Instant Video on Android tablets

Tip us?

gino_76ph
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default Amazon Prime Instant Video on Android tablets

Hi there.

I currently own a Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 and i also happen to be an Amazon Prime member.

I would like to know how to access the Amazon Prime Instant Video streaming service running on my Android tablet please.

Thanks.

GSLEON3
Old
Retired Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 1312

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by gino_76ph View Post
Hi there.

I currently own a Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 and i also happen to be an Amazon Prime member.

I would like to know how to access the Amazon Prime Instant Video streaming service running on my Android tablet please.

Thanks.
Buy an Amazon tablet, iPad, or a tablet running Android version 4.2 or lower.
Ingress Resistance - Rainbow6

Click HERE to buy me a cheeseburger if I helped you! Or even better, find a charity or local family fighting childhood cancer & help out however you can!

A brief & incomplete timeline of my love affair with mobile technology:

The Following User Says Thank You to GSLEON3 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gino_76ph
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSLEON3 View Post
Buy an Amazon tablet, iPad, or a tablet running Android version 4.2 or lower.
I don't want to buy any of those as i have a tablet already.

Is there a workaround?

tl3
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
... I currently own a Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSLEON3 View Post
... a tablet running Android version 4.2 or lower.
Quote:
... i have a tablet already.

Is there a workaround?
I'm not a Prime member so I might be missing something here, but doesn't the stock Galaxy Note 8 have Android 4.1?

http://www.samsung.com/global/micros...fications.html

Might inquire in the Galaxy Note 8 forum too--if you haven't already:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-note-8-0

If the Note is rooted, there seems to be a few 4.2 ROMs that might be suitable too... FYI.

gino_76ph
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tl3 View Post
I'm not a Prime member so I might be missing something here, but doesn't the stock Galaxy Note 8 have Android 4.1?

http://www.samsung.com/global/micros...fications.html

Might inquire in the Galaxy Note 8 forum too--if you haven't already:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-note-8-0

If the Note is rooted, there seems to be a few 4.2 ROMs that might be suitable too... FYI.
I'm sorry but this isn't my question.

My question is is there a workaround on how to access Amazon Prime Video on an Android tablet?

tl3
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Angry Yes, there's a workaround...

Quote:
I'm sorry but this isn't my question.

My question is is there a workaround on how to access Amazon Prime Video on an Android tablet?
The answer is 'yes', and I found the solution by Googling on the first shot. I would normally share the find but the snarky attitude isn't much motivation to help.
The Following User Says Thank You to tl3 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Clarke33
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
The answer is 'yes', and I found the solution by Googling on the first shot. I would normally share the find but the snarky attitude isn't much motivation to help.
:thumbup:

Sent from my KFAPWI using xda app-developers app

Tomen8r
Old
Thanks Meter 7
[QUOTE=gino_76ph;51192066]I'm sorry but this isn't my question.

My question is is there a workaround on how to access Amazon Prime Video on an Android tablet?[/QUOTE

From what I understand only approved devices hy amazon work. I am not aware of anyone successfully running prime video on a standard android device. I wish we could... http://www.amazon.com/gp/video/ontv/devices.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tomen8r For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tl3
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomen8r View Post
... I wish we could...
Wish no more, it could be done. Verified the workaround on all my Android devices from Gingerbread to KitKat; viewing Amazon Instant Videos works just fine.
The Following User Says Thank You to tl3 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

GSLEON3
Old
Retired Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 1312

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Wish no more, it could be done. Verified the workaround on all my Android devices from Gingerbread to KitKat; viewing Amazon Instant Videos works just fine.
Really? There is NO way to watch HD Amazon content on any KitKat device. KitKat uses the Chomium webkit, so It ain't happening period. Now, you can use a browser that utilizes server-side rendering, but again, you are getting a compressed stream, NOT HD & a less than stellar bitrate at that.

The Note 8.0 released with 4.1, but has since been updated 4.2.2. It may still work using the flash apk (which Amazon tends to break from time to time with every DRM update), but you are still in the wrong forum OP.
Ingress Resistance - Rainbow6

Click HERE to buy me a cheeseburger if I helped you! Or even better, find a charity or local family fighting childhood cancer & help out however you can!

A brief & incomplete timeline of my love affair with mobile technology:

The Following User Says Thank You to GSLEON3 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]