Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] kindle fire hd 8.9 won't even boot

OP MoisoiuMihai

17th March 2014, 01:37 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
I installed twrp on my kindle 8.9, then i installed a couple of roms onto it. It worked just perfect. That until i got bored of the CM and i wanted to get back to the original OS. I followed the instructions on this site : //androidcowboy.com/2013/06/how-to-return-kindle-fire-hd-to-stock// , and then it got stuck to the static white/orange boot screen. I tried several restore softwares like kfhd, kffa, kindle unbrick, utilities and then i got the redscreen. After that i searched the internet and everyone adviced me to use either the kfhd uility or the kffa, and then BOOM, the device won't turn on.

I read that i could do the shorting trick, but nobody tried that. Is my kindle bricked for good, or do I still have any hope?
Last edited by MoisoiuMihai; 17th March 2014 at 02:32 PM.
17th March 2014, 03:51 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 8

75 posts
Have you tried holding the power button down for 30 seconds, releasing, then trying to boot?

Sent from my KFAPWI using xda app-developers app
17th March 2014, 11:18 PM   |  #3  
Retired Senior Moderator
Flag NSA Black Site Whiskey Tango Foxtrot One Niner
Thanks Meter: 1,349

2,461 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoisoiuMihai

I installed twrp on my kindle 8.9, then i installed a couple of roms onto it. It worked just perfect. That until i got bored of the CM and i wanted to get back to the original OS. I followed the instructions on this site : //androidcowboy.com/2013/06/how-to-return-kindle-fire-hd-to-stock// , and then it got stuck to the static white/orange boot screen. I tried several restore softwares like kfhd, kffa, kindle unbrick, utilities and then i got the redscreen. After that i searched the internet and everyone adviced me to use either the kfhd uility or the kffa, and then BOOM, the device won't turn on.

I read that i could do the shorting trick, but nobody tried that. Is my kindle bricked for good, or do I still have any hope?

First & foremost, you say you did this on a "Kindle Fire HD 8.9". Is this correct? If so, you are in the WRONG forum. This is for the NEW Kindle model, called the HDX.

If you do something for the HDX on the HD you will likely make the situation much worse. If you truly are on the OLDER Kindle Fire HD, then you can ALMOST ALWAYS recover using fastboot, but that will require either buying or making a factory fastboot cable.
18th March 2014, 08:22 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSLEON3

First & foremost, you say you did this on a "Kindle Fire HD 8.9". Is this correct? If so, you are in the WRONG forum. This is for the NEW Kindle model, called the HDX.

If you do something for the HDX on the HD you will likely make the situation much worse. If you truly are on the OLDER Kindle Fire HD, then you can ALMOST ALWAYS recover using fastboot, but that will require either buying or making a factory fastboot cable.

Yes, i have the 8.9 hd model not the hdx. I tried holding the power button for 30 sec/ 1min , but it didn't work. And i don't know if any recovery/fastboot cable could help me, the device won't even turn on. Also, im sorry for misplacing this thread, but by any chance, does anyone know what should i start with? Maybe an older thread or anything.
18th March 2014, 09:39 PM   |  #5  
Retired Senior Moderator
Flag NSA Black Site Whiskey Tango Foxtrot One Niner
Thanks Meter: 1,349

2,461 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoisoiuMihai

Yes, i have the 8.9 hd model not the hdx. I tried holding the power button for 30 sec/ 1min , but it didn't work. And i don't know if any recovery/fastboot cable could help me, the device won't even turn on. Also, im sorry for misplacing this thread, but by any chance, does anyone know what should i start with? Maybe an older thread or anything.

Here is where you should start. http://forum.xda-developers.com/kindle-fire-hd

As I have BOTH the HD 8.9 & the HDX 8.9, I can tell you that a factory fastboot cable would likely work. It allows you to flash over adb, like other normal Android devices. At any rate, there are several threads & tools available in the forums I linked above that should help to get you going again.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread