Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

CM7 with Faux Kernel ofteen freezes with Red LED after call

OP saiftheboss7

12th March 2014, 02:21 PM   |  #1  
saiftheboss7's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Dhaka
Thanks Meter: 175
 
414 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
Donate to Me
More
Hi,
I have been using Neutrino 3.02 with Faux Kernel for some time now. The problem I have been facing from the beginning is, often after the call ends, the phone goes into a freeze mode when no buttons work and the red led is lit. When this situation occurs, the system completely freezes and whether I press button, power or any combination - it simply refuses to to get back online from freeze mode.
I have to manually pull the battery to solve it. Anyone having the same problem? It doesn't happen all the time but happens often. I couldn't figure any probable reason for this issue.

Note: This does not happen on 3.xxx kernel on Epinters CM10.1. Neither it happened on stock blur ROM. happens with CM7 based roms.
Tried MROM's kernel but it happens there more often than faux's
12th March 2014, 03:32 PM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Flag Córdoba
Thanks Meter: 362
 
1,058 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by saiftheboss7

Hi,
I have been using Neutrino 3.02 with Faux Kernel for some time now. The problem I have been facing from the beginning is, often after the call ends, the phone goes into a freeze mode when no buttons work and the red led is lit. When this situation occurs, the system completely freezes and whether I press button, power or any combination - it simply refuses to to get back online from freeze mode.
I have to manually pull the battery to solve it. Anyone having the same problem? It doesn't happen all the time but happens often. I couldn't figure any probable reason for this issue.

Note: This does not happen on 3.xxx kernel on Epinters CM10.1. Neither it happened on stock blur ROM. happens with CM7 based roms.
Tried MROM's kernel but it happens there more often than faux's

REALLY strange. I used cm7 for nearly a year (pure cm7 downloaded straigt from cm's site, not the ones on this forums) and I hadn't faced a single issue, with nothing at all... Try to switch to a different kernel, either stock or mrom ones and see what happens.

You could also capture a logcat via adb while trying to reproduce the error and see what it logs
12th March 2014, 03:37 PM   |  #3  
saiftheboss7's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Dhaka
Thanks Meter: 175
 
414 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
Donate to Me
More
Post
I am not using stock CM7. I'm using Neutrino.. Can that be a problem? Any one had this issue before?
12th March 2014, 04:40 PM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Flag Córdoba
Thanks Meter: 362
 
1,058 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by saiftheboss7

I am not using stock CM7. I'm using Neutrino.. Can that be a problem? Any one had this issue before?

That's what I've told you. did you try with a different kernel?
12th March 2014, 04:46 PM   |  #5  
saiftheboss7's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Dhaka
Thanks Meter: 175
 
414 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andresrivas

That's what I've told you. did you try with a different kernel?

yes. Tried faux and mrom kernel. Both has this issue. Can this be Neutrino ROM specific issue?


.
12th March 2014, 05:03 PM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Flag Córdoba
Thanks Meter: 362
 
1,058 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by saiftheboss7

yes. Tried faux and mrom kernel. Both has this issue. Can this be Neutrino ROM specific issue?


.

I think so. How about that logcat? Were you able to get it? Does it says something relevant?
12th March 2014, 05:20 PM   |  #7  
saiftheboss7's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Dhaka
Thanks Meter: 175
 
414 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andresrivas

I think so. How about that logcat? Were you able to get it? Does it says something relevant?

This information might be helpful. Sometimes it comes back from freeze mode if I keep pressing random keys. Sometimes it works, most of the time it doesn't and stuck at black screen with red led. Can it be something like that when I end the call the phone is still thinking I'm talking and hangs.
I cannot read logs. Uploading to dropbox.. See if you can understand something
https://www.dropbox.com/s/cjrnx6k6yi...-16%2B0600.txt
12th March 2014, 06:03 PM   |  #8  
Senior Member
Flag Córdoba
Thanks Meter: 362
 
1,058 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by saiftheboss7

This information might be helpful. Sometimes it comes back from freeze mode if I keep pressing random keys. Sometimes it works, most of the time it doesn't and stuck at black screen with red led. Can it be something like that when I end the call the phone is still thinking I'm talking and hangs.
I cannot read logs. Uploading to dropbox.. See if you can understand something
https://www.dropbox.com/s/cjrnx6k6yi...-16%2B0600.txt

that was taken from the phone after a reboot? if so, it isn't much of a help, since it appears to clear log on each boot.

From what I can see, a theme is not properly created and fails to replace something. not a big deal.
Also, facebook app tries to get way too much permissions and gets denied. The one strange error is with lucky patcher. did you use it to patch android core? if so, there might be the problem
12th March 2014, 06:09 PM   |  #9  
saiftheboss7's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Dhaka
Thanks Meter: 175
 
414 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andresrivas

that was taken from the phone after a reboot? if so, it isn't much of a help, since it appears to clear log on each boot.

From what I can see, a theme is not properly created and fails to replace something. not a big deal.
Also, facebook app tries to get way too much permissions and gets denied. The one strange error is with lucky patcher. did you use it to patch android core? if so, there might be the problem

No.. I survived a freeze (random button pressing and then came back to life) and took the logcat.
#Reverted to stock CM7.2 (Stable - directly downloaded from download.cyanogenmod.org)
#Lucky Patcher can be the issue. But I think it's not. I used this to patch poweramp on CM10.1 too. There it didn't cause any problem. (I didn't do anything other than patching poweramp)

Reverted to stock CM7 with stock kernel. Let me see the bug repeats or not. BTW can you tell me which thin font was used in Neutrino 3.02? I kinda liked that font!
12th March 2014, 07:01 PM   |  #10  
Senior Member
Flag Córdoba
Thanks Meter: 362
 
1,058 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by saiftheboss7

No.. I survived a freeze (random button pressing and then came back to life) and took the logcat.
#Reverted to stock CM7.2 (Stable - directly downloaded from download.cyanogenmod.org)
#Lucky Patcher can be the issue. But I think it's not. I used this to patch poweramp on CM10.1 too. There it didn't cause any problem. (I didn't do anything other than patching poweramp)

Reverted to stock CM7 with stock kernel. Let me see the bug repeats or not. BTW can you tell me which thin font was used in Neutrino 3.02? I kinda liked that font!

Very strange...
Also, I've seen lucky atcher do weird things, but none as weird as the one you are experincing...

Honestly, I haven't used neutrino for more than 5 minutes, didn't like the look and feel of it and went back to cm7

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes