Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,756 Members 42,222 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Cannot flash i9505...no boot loader

Tip us?

XM2000
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Cannot flash i9505...no boot loader

Hello,

I have an unsuccessful firmware update.
First flashed the last stock rom, cf-autoroot. After it I try to flash the CWM, and this is the end,
Now there is no boot loader, no recovery. I see the "Firmware update encountered an issue...".
The knox is 0x1, Writeprotect enabled.
The only thing is working on the phone is the download mode, but every attempt to flash in Odin fails. (aboot.mng..Fail)
I tried to flash another bootloaders, repartition with pit file, but not works...
Done it on other PC, usb ports...

Now I know what was the wrong with the installation, but I need a solution for this situation.

Please, help me...

Joku1981
Old
Thanks Meter 547

DONATE TO ME
You will have to flash through ODIN Kit Kat. You cant come back to 4.3 or 4.2.2 if ya flashed android 4.4.2 and u updated the bootloader. Select one android 4.4.2 firmware in SamMobile for you and update ur phone

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
CLICK "THANKS" BUTTON IF I HELPED YA
The Following User Says Thank You to Joku1981 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

XM2000
Old
(Last edited by XM2000; 17th March 2014 at 10:30 PM.) Reason: Modify
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks for the reply...

The last firmware I flashed was 4.3, and I cannot reflash it.
But I will try a Kit Kat, which one is good for me? I have an unlocked phone and my country (Hungary) does not have it yet.
Can I flash it with knox 0x1?

XM2000
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks for the advice, the phone is working now....

The whole story:

- the phone had 4.3 custom ROM before.
- I flashed the new version with 4.4.2: new recovery, modem and ROM.
- From here I had no sound. I tried to flash everything 3 times, an no sound.
- I searched for this, threre were many good advice, I tried some and the phone not booted.
- Downloaded the latest Samsung firmware (I9505XXUEMKF_I9505OXXEMK3_I9505XXUEMKF), flashed and no sound.
- extracted the modem.bin, flashed, and flashad the ROM again, sound is good, I was very happy.
- CF-autoroot, I saw it was working
- Flashed the CWM recovery, Fail in Odin and...no boot, no recovery, only download mode.
- Flashing the original downloaded firmware (I9505XXUEMKF_I9505OXXEMK3_I9505XXUEMKF) is failed. I don't understand, it is not downgrade...
- Flashing a new Kit Kat (I9505XXUFNB9_I9505EURFNB1_I9505XXUFNB9) was successful.

How can I use a custom ROM again?
I am afraid, if I make an error, cannot flash again the same, I have to wait a new one?