Moving from TF700 to TF701

Search This thread

abkulp

Nov 4, 2012
I have a TF700 and have had no luck getting it unlocked, is unlocking this 701 just as difficult?

sbdags

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 24, 2007
Kenilworth, Coventry
OnePlus 9 Pro
I have a TF700 and have had no luck getting it unlocked, is unlocking this 701 just as difficult?

It's the same process. What is the issue you have with the 700? There is only one blocker from your side - your filewall settings and only one blocker from Asus - your mac address matches your serial number in their database.

Both are fixable.

abkulp

Nov 4, 2012
I continue to get that error, even after putting in a service request to fix the Mac address sync with the serial number. What can I do to remove the firewall as a block? I don't have any sort of of firewall except what is on by default on my Cisco router edit: which goes through a FiOS router/modem.

Last edited:

sbdags

Jun 24, 2007
Kenilworth, Coventry
OnePlus 9 Pro
I continue to get that error, even after putting in a service request to fix the Mac address sync with the serial number. What can I do to remove the firewall as a block? I don't have any sort of of firewall except what is on by default on my Cisco router edit: which goes through a FiOS router/modem.

Have you had a confirmation it is your serial number - I.e., do you have a refurbished unit?

Try tethering to your phone for unlocking to see if that bypasses your unlock problem.

Get on the phone to asus if not. Many people have succeeded that way. Keep harassing them - you can't use their tracking software etc. Don't tell them you want to unlock. Ask them to update the database with your numbers.

Last edited:

berndblb

Nov 22, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Have you had a confirmatin it is your serial number - I.e., do you have a refurbished unit?

Try tethering to your phone for unlocking to see if that bypasses your unlock problem.

Get on the phoe to asus if not. Many people have succeeded that way. Keep harassing them - you can't use their tracking software etc. Don't tell them you want to unlock. Ask them to update the database with your numbers.
That ^^ and register on their VIP service. Go through them. They seem to be a little more responsive than the general customer service reps.

abkulp

Nov 4, 2012
Have you had a confirmation it is your serial number - I.e., do you have a refurbished unit?

Get on the phone to asus if not. Many people have succeeded that way. Keep harassing them - you can't use their tracking software etc. Don't tell them you want to unlock. Ask them to update the database with your numbers.
It is a refurbished device. I read about the tracking software trick and I had Asus fix that. They asked for a screen shot of my Mac address and serial number to fix it, and tracking works now. I take that as confirmation that their database has been corrected. I'll try tethering, and see if that works.

I've read that they have been more responsive to request for help with unlocking lately, so I have thought about just asking them directly.

berndblb

Nov 22, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
It is a refurbished device. I read about the tracking software trick and I had Asus fix that. They asked for a screen shot of my Mac address and serial number to fix it, and tracking works now. I take that as confirmation that their database has been corrected. I'll try tethering, and see if that works.

I've read that they have been more responsive to request for help with unlocking lately, so I have thought about just asking them directly.
There's this Asus Customer Loyalty rep who sometimes checks in on the Transformer forums.
Shoot him an email with your serial number and your problem. Maybe he can help.
CL-Scott1@asus.com

sbdags

Jun 24, 2007
Kenilworth, Coventry
OnePlus 9 Pro
The price dropped in Romania too (with docking included). I am thinking about selling my TG300TG and getting a TF701T. Can someone tell me why there are 2 versions: TF701T-1B002A and the TF701T-1B004A? I am interested if there are any hardware differences, I don't want a tablet with a slow eMMC.

The TF701T does not have slow mmc - trust me ;)

royredman

Jun 30, 2011
I've been close to getting the tf701 lately. Tf700 has been fun getting up to cm11, but it might be time to join forces with pershoot :)

I'll keep the tf700 around to do bringups though :p

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Just to let you know, amazon is selling the tablet right now for $279 brand new. This is a great opportunity to buy one if you were on the fence about it. Can't wait to see all the great things you can bring for us tf701 users. And thanks for your tf700 ROMs!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: dasunsrule32

dasunsrule32

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 9, 2009
Gilbert, AZ
Just to let you know, amazon is selling the tablet right now for $279 brand new. This is a great opportunity to buy one if you were on the fence about it. Can't wait to see all the great things you can bring for us tf701 users. And thanks for your tf700 ROMs!

Thanks. Yeah, I saw them. Will have to wait a bit, since we have a bunch of medical bills coming up that will need to be paid off over the next two months.

JTHM

Aug 10, 2005
Northants
As the TF701 is over a year old with no news from the rumour mill of an updated model coming and the only other option in the UK is the entry model TF103, I've decided to replace my TF700 with a TF303CL from Amazon.de (hopefully arriving tomorrow but I've got no concise tracking info).

I wish I could get an idea what ASUS UK's roadmap is for the Transformer line as I'd have liked to stay with the TF7xx's.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have had a TF700 for exactly 1 year and 2 months, but two weeks ago the motherboard got fried due to my stupidity and I decided I needed a new tablet. The 700 CROMIX served me well and it had done everything I wanted it to with a few frustration.

I looked at the Samsungs, Kindles, Google Nexus 10, and the TF701. After a week of looking at all these I decided that
    - Samsung was too expensive. Nice machines, but I was just not willing to pay the difference
    - Kindles are also nice but a little small for me and I felt like I would always be fighting the Amazon controls they put on the device. HW wise it was the lightest machine with the best screen.
    - Google Nexus 10 seemed a little too similar to the 701 and it had a little lesser specs (CPU and no MicroSD). Maybe I would wait for the NEW version, but it did not look like it is coming anytime soon (hopefully summer) and my guess is that it will be in the $500+ range
    - So since the 701 has a better screen, better CPU, and very attractive price ($359 at amazon), I decided to go with it

Got the tablet and really did not wait: Upgraded to 4.3, Unlocked the bootloader, and installed CROMiX 6.0.1a on it. 20 minutes and I was good to go. I was really surprised how much faster than my 700 it is. I knew that the 1.9MHZ is better than the 700's 1.6 but I had the 700 overclocked and with the increased resolution, I expected they would be close. But the performance difference is really noticeable. I cannot comment on CROMiX vs the Stock in terms of how much the performance improvement is the optimized ROM because I did not really run the stock long enough. But this thing just flies. Boat browser with flash works great. My 16GB MicroSD worked great, the restore from Titanium worked great. My Nova settings were there and worked without trouble. Netflix does not stutter at all or Google movies or Mx Player. The battery was horrible after my first charge (lasted less than 8 hours) but also I was messing with it the whole time. After that, it looks like it goes about 2.5-3 hours per 1% in sleep and I would say it is a bit better than my 700 while on. The ROM has a "reading mode" that seems to slow down battery consumption while reading my Kindle app, but I am not sure how much better it is.

Just wanted to share my experiences with the TF701. Not saying it is the best machine out there, but for the price, I am very happy and cannot imagine the added cost for the other models would buy me that much. All the features of the 700 with the added performance and better screen. Very happy.
    Internal sd benchmark

Read 35.54MB/s - Write 25.94MB/s

Happy? ;)

I am :D

I've been close to getting the tf701 lately. Tf700 has been fun getting up to cm11, but it might be time to join forces with pershoot :)

I have had a TF700 for exactly 1 year and 2 months, but two weeks ago the motherboard got fried due to my stupidity and I decided I needed a new tablet. The 700 CROMIX served me well and it had done everything I wanted it to with a few frustration.

I looked at the Samsungs, Kindles, Google Nexus 10, and the TF701. After a week of looking at all these I decided that
    - Samsung was too expensive. Nice machines, but I was just not willing to pay the difference
    - Kindles are also nice but a little small for me and I felt like I would always be fighting the Amazon controls they put on the device. HW wise it was the lightest machine with the best screen.
    - Google Nexus 10 seemed a little too similar to the 701 and it had a little lesser specs (CPU and no MicroSD). Maybe I would wait for the NEW version, but it did not look like it is coming anytime soon (hopefully summer) and my guess is that it will be in the $500+ range
    - So since the 701 has a better screen, better CPU, and very attractive price ($359 at amazon), I decided to go with it

Got the tablet and really did not wait: Upgraded to 4.3, Unlocked the bootloader, and installed CROMiX 6.0.1a on it. 20 minutes and I was good to go. I was really surprised how much faster than my 700 it is. I knew that the 1.9MHZ is better than the 700's 1.6 but I had the 700 overclocked and with the increased resolution, I expected they would be close. But the performance difference is really noticeable. I cannot comment on CROMiX vs the Stock in terms of how much the performance improvement is the optimized ROM because I did not really run the stock long enough. But this thing just flies. Boat browser with flash works great. My 16GB MicroSD worked great, the restore from Titanium worked great. My Nova settings were there and worked without trouble. Netflix does not stutter at all or Google movies or Mx Player. The battery was horrible after my first charge (lasted less than 8 hours) but also I was messing with it the whole time. After that, it looks like it goes about 2.5-3 hours per 1% in sleep and I would say it is a bit better than my 700 while on. The ROM has a "reading mode" that seems to slow down battery consumption while reading my Kindle app, but I am not sure how much better it is.

Just wanted to share my experiences with the TF701. Not saying it is the best machine out there, but for the price, I am very happy and cannot imagine the added cost for the other models would buy me that much. All the features of the 700 with the added performance and better screen. Very happy.

Nice report! I have the same experience but I still love my TF700. ;)
    I got the TF701 a couple days ago (no keyboard) and it's great, I see no down side at all yet and I still have the TF700 running better than it ever has with Crombi-kk. [emoji41]

Sent from my K00C using Tapatalk