Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,596 Members 39,100 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] GApps broken with CandyKat rom?

Tip us?

JokieSmurf
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] GApps broken with CandyKat rom?

I have installed CandyKat rom and it's working beautifully. But I, for the life of me, can not get any version of GApps to flash. Every time I try it gives me the (bad) error. I did manage to get a really old version to work that I no longer have but the problem is all of the google stuff would just constantly crash and wouldn't update. Any ideas on what I can do? Or what version is needed? Because no matter the version, re-flashing the rom, clearing cache/reset/dalvik cache doesn't even help. I can install the google play.apk but the problem with that is Google Play Store tries to open and force closes immediately. Any help is appreciated, thank you!

captemo
Old
Thanks Meter 1003
Quote:
Originally Posted by JokieSmurf View Post
I have installed CandyKat rom and it's working beautifully. But I, for the life of me, can not get any version of GApps to flash. Every time I try it gives me the (bad) error. I did manage to get a really old version to work that I no longer have but the problem is all of the google stuff would just constantly crash and wouldn't update. Any ideas on what I can do? Or what version is needed? Because no matter the version, re-flashing the rom, clearing cache/reset/dalvik cache doesn't even help. I can install the google play.apk but the problem with that is Google Play Store tries to open and force closes immediately. Any help is appreciated, thank you!
Have you tried going to another KK thread and trying their gapps file?

The one I use is the mini file I think. Try the links through Beanstalk thread. Patch is solid.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using xda app-developers app
CAPT. EMO Senior Member
Samsung Infuse i997.......retired
Samsung Galaxy Note i717.......semi retired
Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 i527.......active duty

gimmeitorilltell
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1136

DONATE TO ME
What recovery are you using? It's most likely an issue on your end as no other folks are having this issue with all the gapp packages out there. Try with a fresh Rom flash and gapps immediately following.

Sent from my HTC One Max using Tapatalk!
The Following User Says Thank You to gimmeitorilltell For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]