Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,477 Members 40,560 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Lockscreen PIN

Tip us?

Daniel 07
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Default Lockscreen PIN

Good evening,

There is something that really buggers me at the moment, which is the stock android PIN insertion style.
For more clarity, this:

Watch at that, it is so unaesthetic and awful. Why are the letters even there?

I've been on the lookout of a way to change that with 0 results, the few apps i've found are either spamming ads everywhere or very (VERY) laggy, which is something a Nexus 5 shouldn't suffer.

I'll get straight to the point now: is there a possible way to change it? A mod/app/theme, i don't mind just something!

Thanks,
Regards,
Daniel

Rom: Stock
Kernel: Stock

Bionic22
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Default Well...

To answer one question, it has letters because some people's password consists of words.

One App I used and LOVED was Dodol Locker https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...pmobile.locker

You can pick your own custom wallpaper as the lockscreen wallpaper and it has an iOS 7 style PIN system.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bionic22 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Daniel 07
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Cool app, too bad i cannot use the pin only without swype with widgetlocker.

Does anyone know any alternative?

iPusak Gaoq™
Old
Thanks Meter 812
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bionic22 View Post
To answer one question, it has letters because some people's password consists of words.

One App I used and LOVED was Dodol Locker https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...pmobile.locker

You can pick your own custom wallpaper as the lockscreen wallpaper and it has an iOS 7 style PIN system.
LoL...you can't add letters on PIN lock...only number are allowed...and if you use password lock qwerty (full keyboard) will popup...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel 07 View Post
Cool app, too bad i cannot use the pin only without swype with widgetlocker.

Does anyone know any alternative?
You have to decompile and edit you framework-res.apk if you want to remove those letters...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Phone : Xperia Mini ProAndroid Version : KK 4.4.4Rom : PAC RomsBaseband Version : .587Kernel : v3.4.0-LX

Bionic22
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by iPusak Gaoq™ View Post
LoL...you can't add letters on PIN lock...only number are allowed...and if you use password lock qwerty (full keyboard) will popup...
No, but you can interpret them. So if someone were to make their password a car brand like Audi, their PIN would be 2834 to reflect the letters given to each number. So Lol back at you.

iPusak Gaoq™
Old
Thanks Meter 812
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bionic22 View Post
No, but you can interpret them. So if someone were to make their password a car brand like Audi, their PIN would be 2834 to reflect the letters given to each number. So Lol back at you.
LoL...in the end no matter how you think you interpret the number, you just can't put any letter in PIN lock...PIN lock only consist number and whatever you interpret just might be random that happen to match a words...lol

Brought To You By Xperia Mini Pro™ Using Tapatalk Pro
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Phone : Xperia Mini ProAndroid Version : KK 4.4.4Rom : PAC RomsBaseband Version : .587Kernel : v3.4.0-LX

Daniel 07
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
So long story short there is no alternative to that awfull and un-comfortable (have to press ok to confirm? couldnt it just not let me through in case it's wrong?) lock system we have?

iPusak Gaoq™
Old
Thanks Meter 812
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel 07 View Post
So long story short there is no alternative to that awfull and un-comfortable (have to press ok to confirm? couldnt it just not let me through in case it's wrong?) lock system we have?
Hmmm...in some custom rom you can excess system/home screen without having to press ok button to confirm...just enter the correct pin and you will automatically goes to your home screen but you need to enable the option in security first...
lock system? if you enter the wrong pin 5x or more in a row then the phone will lock it self...the only way to unlock it is the enter your gmail and its password...

Razor64
Old
(Last edited by Razor64; 8th September 2014 at 01:48 PM.)
Thanks Meter 5
Default Solution

I suspect you've already found the solution.
You can use "Clean Lockscreen" module for Xposed, available at http://repo.xposed.info/module/gd.sec.cleanlockscreen. It accomplishes exactly what you are seeking. You will need to install Xposed Framework for using this module.
I am assuming that your device is rooted and is not running a touchwiz based ROM.

Additionally, you can also use GravityBox Module if your ROM is a Kitkat ROM (http://goo.gl/cfMTz1) or if it is a JellyBean ROM (http://goo.gl/UCBIru) to enable "Quick Unlock" feature. This would allow you to unlock your device without the need to press "OK" in case of a successful PIN insertion.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20140908_180730.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (29.5 KB, 35 views)