Post Reply

[Q] SiriusXM app not working on Omni 4.4

24th January 2014, 09:29 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
love this ROM. all my other apps work great. however, I don't get sound when using the SiriusXM app. it launches fine and can go to different channels, etc. just no audio. suggestions? i'm on the wifi Xoom with the latest daily build.



t
28th January 2014, 06:41 AM   |  #2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
Clock
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprungy

love this ROM. all my other apps work great. however, I don't get sound when using the SiriusXM app. it launches fine and can go to different channels, etc. just no audio. suggestions? i'm on the wifi Xoom with the latest daily build.



t

I have Omni. I just takes a long god damn time. Open it, pic your channel, then wait about 4 minutes. VOILA. I know. It sucks.
7th February 2014, 08:19 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by finesse801

I have Omni. I just takes a long god damn time. Open it, pic your channel, then wait about 4 minutes. VOILA. I know. It sucks.

weird, it still not working for me. I update Omni again today. Running 4.4.2-20140207-1805

I've left the app open for well over 10 minutes but still no audio. other streaming audio apps like TuneIn work fine for me on this tablet, they start outputting audio immediately.
14th February 2014, 11:46 PM   |  #4  
Junior Member
Flag Richmond, VA
Thanks Meter: 10
 
10 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
More
I wish I could post on the Omni main thread so @Schischu knows of the issue but I don't have access since I don't meet the requirements. I hate to roll back to EOS but if i can't listen to the app on this device then I just may have to.
18th March 2014, 04:10 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
Thumbs up 9888366 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by akazerotime

I wish I could post on the Omni main thread so @Schischu knows of the issue but I don't have access since I don't meet the requirements. I hate to roll back to EOS but if i can't listen to the app on this device then I just may have to.

woohoo, it working great for me now on the latest build (march 17). playback starts immediately. I have ART enabled too.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes