Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,856 Members 46,323 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

lock and unlock Windows via Bluetooth

Tip us?

painkillerde
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default lock and unlock Windows via Bluetooth

Hi there,

there are tools out there to lock your Windows when bluetooth connection to a device is lost and unlock when its established again.

That would be a nice feature for the Smartwatch (better than mobilephone) because its always with me.

I cant connect the watch via Bluetooth to the pc.

Any ideas how to do this.

Maybe we have a good app-developer here

Thanks alot!!

Daniel

iT iS Me
Old
Thanks Meter 33

DONATE TO ME
I am quite lost with your approach.
Anyways, if you are looking for a tool that keeps your phone unlocked when it is connected to the watch. Try PhoneLocator

Sent via Phone.

sowed
Old
Thanks Meter 35
I think he wants to lock a PC with windows...

you can't do this because it doesn't exist an app to conect both etc...
"Taking a relaxing cup of café con leche in Plaza Mayor with my note2@3 by @titooo7 & co."

painkillerde
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by sowed View Post
I think he wants to lock a PC with windows...

you can't do this because it doesn't exist an app to conect both etc...
Yes thats what i mean. If the bluetooth connecton to the pc is lost (out of reach) it locks itself. Back to the pc it unlocks. There are tools for windows you can realize that with a mobile phone. But i often leave it at the desk. The watch is always with me.

The problem is i cant connect the watch to the pc.

Sorry if the first post was misleading.

Is there any possibility to get the watch connected to a pc. More is not needed to realize this.

Thx.

iT iS Me
Old
Thanks Meter 33

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by painkillerde View Post
Yes thats what i mean. If the bluetooth connecton to the pc is lost (out of reach) it locks itself. Back to the pc it unlocks. There are tools for windows you can realize that with a mobile phone. But i often leave it at the desk. The watch is always with me.

The problem is i cant connect the watch to the pc.

Sorry if the first post was misleading.

Is there any possibility to get the watch connected to a pc. More is not needed to realize this.

Thx.
If you can't connect the watch to the PC, how a tool (if there is one) will know that the watch is connected and perform an action. Logically and programmatically, is impossible.

Secondly, why such watch should be connectable to a PC? it wasn't made for this purpose.

painkillerde
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by iT iS Me View Post
If you can't connect the watch to the PC, how a tool (if there is one) will know that the watch is connected and perform an action. Logically and programmatically, is impossible.

Secondly, why such watch should be connectable to a PC? it wasn't made for this purpose.
I see what you mean. But isnt xda a developer Forum too? Maybe MAYBE its possible to make an app that could make the watch connectable to a PC via bluetooth or the watch os itself.

Its just an idea - im not a developer and i dont know about what is possible and what is not. But its an android running on the watch and we are in a developer forum so why not!!

I would like this feature...

badplanet
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Technically it should be possible but it may not be worth the effort. I think the Windows program would have to try to connect every minute or every 30 seconds and lock the screen if it cannot. Then keep scanning to unlock when it can connect.

enigma_x
Old
Thanks Meter 50
That would be so cool! If only the watch worked with a computer.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10.1 (N8000).

painkillerde
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by badplanet View Post
Technically it should be possible but it may not be worth the effort. I think the Windows program would have to try to connect every minute or every 30 seconds and lock the screen if it cannot. Then keep scanning to unlock when it can connect.
The software is ready to go - the problem is to connect the watch. Sadly...

http://www.howtogeek.com/67556/how-t...uetooth-phone/

iT iS Me
Old
Thanks Meter 33

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by badplanet View Post
There is a Windows tool 'BtProx', which can lock the PC when the bluetooth device is disconnected. I used this with hands free headset.

However, as mentioned earlier if Windows cannot see the watch, how the application will act??!

BtProx
http://btprox.sourceforge.net/

Sent via Phone.