[Discussion] NULL_ROM Official Q/A - FAQ- General Discussion thread

OP JFay22

9th September 2013, 08:49 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Pensacola
Thanks Meter: 196

289 posts
More
This is place where you can come and ask questions regarding support as well as any other general discussion for the Null rom. Please keep the development thread to just that DEVELOPMENT. The developer of this rom is here to develop and not here to answer your questions because you can't take the time to figure out the answer yourself. This will be a community driven thread. Therefore, if you feel something needs to be added to the OP please mention me in a post and I'll take a look

If you need to download the rom free to stop by the dev thread to download. However, if I see you ask a question in here and then go to that thread to ask the same question I will be handing out infractions. Please consider this your only warning.

On a side note, I'll be transferring the OP of this thread to a person with this device in due time. However, for the moment this needed to be created. If you are willing to take the OP from me please feel free to send me a PM. The only requirement that I would have is that you keep it updated properly.

FAQ / IT DOESNT WORK ! WAH
  • INTERNET ACCESS
    GO INTO "FULL SETTINGS -> BLUETOOTH -> SELECT YOUR PHONE SETTING ICON (ON THE RIGHT OF PHONE NAME) -> TICK INTERNET ACCESS".
    ENSURE BLUETOOTH TETHERING IS ENABLED ON YOUR PHONE BEFORE HAND OBVIOUSLY.

*NOTE* ENSURE YOUR MOBILE DEVICE SUPPORTS TETHERING, US VARIANT PHONES HAVE RESTRICTIONS INPLACE. REFER TO THE US INTERNET TETHERING THREAD.

*NOTE 2* BLUETOOTH TETHERING DOES NOT AUTO RECONNECT, INSTALL THIS THIRDPARTY SOLUTION ON YOUR GEAR TO ENABLE AUTO RECONNECT.

• PLAYSTORE / GOOGLE ACCOUNT MANAGER HAS STOPPED..
    VERIFY YOU HAVE A BLUETOOTH INTERNET TETHERING CONNECTION ESTABLISHED BEFORE ATTEMPTING TO ADD A GOOGLE ACCOUNT.
    MUST NOT BE USING THIRD PARTY TETHERING, EG. PDANET.

• HOW DO I FULL WIPE?
    BOOT INTO RECOVERY MODE AND SELECT THE "RECOVERY" OPTION. DO THIS AFTER FLASHING THE ROM

• UNABLE TO WAKE GEAR WHILE IN PHONE CALL
    THIS IS CAUSED BY THE HOME BUTTON REMAP MOD, THE HOME BUTTON MUST BE PRESSED IN ORDER TO WAKE THE GEAR UP IN THIS STATE.
    ONLY WORK AROUND IS TO EITHER USE THE WRIST WAKEUP GESTURE OR DISABLE THE HOME BUTTON REMAP MOD.

*NOTE* BY DISABLING THE HOME BUTTON REMAP MOD, THIS WILL DISABLE THE ABILITY TO MANUALLY LOCK THE SCREEN WHILE USING A CUSTOM LAUNCHER.

• DOUBLE TAP BRIGHTNESS/SOUND TOGGLE HAS DISAPPEARED
    THIS IS CAUSED BY USING THE FULL SYSTEM UI, SIMPLY PUT IT REPLACES THE DOUBLE TAP WINDOW WITH THE NOTIFICATION SHADE. BY USING GRAVITYBOX YOU CAN ADD ADDITIONAL TOGGLES LIKE BRIGHTNESS & SOUND TILES TO THE FULL NOTIFICATION SHADE.

OTHERWISE SIMPLY REFLASH THE ROM WITH THE FULL SYSTEMUI OPTION UNTICKED.

• SCREEN FLICKERING/GITTERING
    THIS IS CAUSED BY THE INITIAL BOOTUP, REBUILDING THE CACHE AND INITIALIZING ALL THE APPS. GIVE YOUR GEAR A FEW MINUTES TO SETUP AND RESTART.

• SCREEN UNLOCKS TO NOVALAUNCHER PAGE PREVIEW?
    GO INTO "NOVA SETTINGS -> GESTURES -> HOME BUTTON -> NONE".

• ENABLE DEVELOPER SETTINGS / USB DEBUGGING
    GO INTO "SETTINGS -> GEAR INFO -> ABOUT GEAR", TAP SOFTWARE VERSION 10 TIMES.

• ENABLE UNKNOWN SOURCE APK INSTALLATION
    GO INTO "FULL SETTINGS -> SECURITY -> TICK UNKNOWN SOURCES".

• ENABLE MTP
    GO INTO "FULL SETTINGS -> STORAGE -> MENU BUTTON (TOP RIGHT OF SCREEN) -> USB COMPUTER CONNECTION -> MEDIA DEVICE (MTP)".

• WATCH STYLER NOT WORKING
    ENSURE ITS SELECTED AS THE DEFAULT WATCHFACE IN GEAR MANAGER.
    IF CLOCK FACE DOES NOT UPDATE UPON CHANGING, RESTART GEAR.

• DOUBLE CLICK HOME BUTTON DOESNT WORK ON TOUCHWIZ LAUNCHER !

*NOTE* DO NOT DO THE FOLLOWING IF YOU ARE USING NOVALAUNCHER, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO MANUALLY LOCK YOUR GEAR.

*NOTE 2* YOU CAN SIMPLY REFLASH THE ROM WITHOUT WIPING AND DISABLE THE HOME BUTTON REMAP MOD.

NAVIGATE/PULL THE FOLLOWING FILE FROM YOUR GEAR: /SYSTEM/USR/KEYLAYOUT/GPIO-KEYS.XML
    EDIT IN A TEXT EDITOR SO IT LOOKS LIKE THE BELOW:

Code:
    key 115   VOLUME_UP         WAKE
    key 114   VOLUME_DOWN       WAKE
    key 116   POWER             WAKE
    key 172   HOME              WAKE

Last edited by mark manning; 2nd May 2014 at 05:02 AM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JFay22 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th December 2013, 02:44 PM   |  #2  
Forum Moderator
Flag Denver, CO Likes: Omne absconditur in palam veniat
Thanks Meter: 3,341

5,220 posts
Donate to Me
More
[Discussion] NULL_ROM Official Q/A - FAQ- General Discussion thread
edit
Last edited by mark manning; 2nd May 2014 at 05:01 AM.
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to mark manning For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th December 2013, 04:06 PM   |  #3  
Flag Largo
Thanks Meter: 1,117

2,817 posts
Donate to Me
More
Amazing. This thread is very much needed song as how the dev thread keeps getting cluttered with posts that wouldn't be there if some one would have read

sent from my Note 3 or Galaxy Gear
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ktetreault14 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th December 2013, 04:39 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 4

26 posts
Yeah this thread is an awesome idea to leave the general discussion and support issues out of the other thread.
28th December 2013, 04:42 PM   |  #5  
Flag Orlando
Thanks Meter: 18

98 posts
More
Whenever I select "recovery" it doesn't give me an option to install the rom?

I followed the steps for the root and the add the .zip to my SD card on the phone. When I select the option for recovery it just does a system restore on it. Any help?
28th December 2013, 04:47 PM   |  #6  
Flag Largo

2,817 posts
Donate to Me
More
You need to flash twrp first

sent from my Note 3 or Galaxy Gear
28th December 2013, 09:47 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 64

1,181 posts
More
feature request
[what about to include support fpr AquaMail client?
I'm using it and I think it is the better at the moment
The developer could be interesting....
29th December 2013, 12:00 AM   |  #8  
Flag Southampton
Thanks Meter: 19

111 posts
More
Just a quick (somewhat noob) enquiry about the Gear and what this ROM can do for it, as I'm thinking of picking up a Note3 + Gear from work (Vodafone), as the watch is free.

Firstly, I hate Touchwiz with a passion! I don't wish for anyone to read that in an angry way, but I'm really not fond of the colours, themeing, etc. of that particular UI. I much prefer vanilla Android and, as such, would look to root the Note3 and install CM or an equivalent on it.

Would I then lose any functionality of the Gear? Can the GearManager APK be installed on a non-TW ROM?

I'll need a bit of an idiot's guide for the whole thing, but it's nothing I can't research.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pepski For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th December 2013, 12:02 AM   |  #9  
Recognized Developer
Flag Sydney, AUS
Thanks Meter: 3,952

3,153 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepski

Just a quick (somewhat noob) enquiry about the Gear and what this ROM can do for it, as I'm thinking of picking up a Note3 + Gear from work (Vodafone), as the watch is free.

Firstly, I hate Touchwiz with a passion! I don't wish for anyone to read that in an angry way, but I'm really not fond of the colours, themeing, etc. of that particular UI. I much prefer vanilla Android and, as such, would look to root the Note3 and install CM or an equivalent on it.

Would I then lose any functionality of the Gear? Can the GearManager APK be installed on a non-TW ROM?

I'll need a bit of an idiot's guide for the whole thing, but it's nothing I can't research.

No. Sadly not.

Or at least not with all the bells and whistles working.
Last edited by fOmey; 29th December 2013 at 12:06 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to fOmey For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th December 2013, 05:16 AM   |  #10  
Flag Largo

2,817 posts
Donate to Me
More
I actually am testing CM11 on my note 3 as I type. I was wondering if someone could link me to the latest gear manager so I could test how it works.

Sent from my Note 3 w/ CM11

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread