FORUMS

Galaxy Gear Live with Android Wear?

94 posts
Thanks Meter: 23

By SeauxCrazy, Member on 25th June 2014, 06:59 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Since Samsung has had their Android Wear version of their Gear watches announced (and available for order today), what's the odds of that ROM being loaded on our Gear 1 devices? I, for one, have not gone to Tizen yet in hopes of this taking place and it seems like we are on the verge of this happening. I know it will not be an official release, but something where a rooted device would be needed.

25th June 2014, 07:07 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 26

More
I second ur hopes - held off on Tizen for the same reason
25th June 2014, 08:05 PM |#3  
Flag Spokane, Washington
Thanks Meter: 4,421

More
Whether or not Android Wear's better than Tizen all depends on which apps you use on your phone. Android Wear (like Google Now) is dependent on using Google's apps and services. Most of what Now reports off of is scraped from Gmail. I don't use Gmail or any Google apps I don't have to so Now and Android Wear are useless to me and those like me. Most corporate/professional users that use MS products, Exchange, and connect to secure networks (which typically limit apps used for personal use) aren't going to be Android Wear candidates.
25th June 2014, 08:05 PM |#4  
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 4

Donate to Me
More
gear 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeauxCrazy

Since Samsung has had their Android Wear version of their Gear watches announced (and available for order today), what's the odds of that ROM being loaded on our Gear 1 devices? I, for one, have not gone to Tizen yet in hopes of this taking place and it seems like we are on the verge of this happening. I know it will not be an official release, but something where a rooted device would be needed.

I'm sure it'll fit perfectly with gear 2. I see the .tar having the drivers for the watch it's a dependent of
25th June 2014, 08:11 PM |#5  
Flag Breda
Thanks Meter: 131

More
I would be very interested in a Wear port too.

As far as I can see, not too many things have changed on the Gear live compaired to the Gear 1.
Sure, the CPU would be faster but the screen and memory size are the same.
25th June 2014, 08:14 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 46

More
Count me in as well, this is where xda shines.... people coming together to contribute to the common goal. Can't wait.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk
25th June 2014, 08:49 PM |#7  

More
How come every time someone starts a discussion inquiring about possible uses someone else feels the need to chime in why they don't need it? FYI-we don't give a rats ass about ur corporate structure-we want Android wear - go pontificate to ur secretary please
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shamrock505 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th June 2014, 09:12 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamrock505

How come every time someone starts a discussion inquiring about possible uses someone else feels the need to chime in why they don't need it? FYI-we don't give a rats ass about ur corporate structure-we want Android wear - go pontificate to ur secretary please

I second this !!
The Following User Says Thank You to nicrom72 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th June 2014, 10:28 PM |#9  
Flag Spokane, Washington
Thanks Meter: 4,421

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamrock505

It's a discussion forum, no? Everyone here is a wearables early adopter so are interested in whatever comes next. And not everyone here uses their devices the same way or wants the same things. Other than blind fanbois who clearly have no objectivity, I enjoy hearing people's different views; even if I don't agree with them. Your post added less to this discussion than mine did. People wetting themselves over something no one here knows the functional value of (yet) is the height of fanboi-ism. Android Wear could change the world as we know it. It's going to take more than a five minute conference dog and pony for that to happen.
The Following User Says Thank You to BarryH_GEG For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th June 2014, 10:42 PM |#10  

More
A discussion by folks who want wear not about discussing why someone doesn't need nor want-not a fan of any particular aspect - just bored with Gear 1-if motor 360 looks good I'll purchase, if not then wait a while
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread