Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,340 Members 43,962 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

GPS doesn't work at all on any roms

Tip us?

acaplea
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy GPS doesn't work at all on any roms

Please help me to understand what kind of trouble with GPS could be?
The truth is that I got this phone as second hand with Vodafone ROM and not working GPS. I changed the rom on official HTC Europe 3.16, radio 1.11 - the same result no GPS. Of course i've tried different tools and tests (like GPS Status&Toolbox, GPS Test&Fix, etc), i've reset AGPS data, but unsuccesfully - the test finds satellites but can't fix connection with them to check my coordinates.
Next, I unlocked the phone, made S-off and installed the custom rom ViperOnes 3.1.2 with 1.20 radio, no changes... All other comms 3G, Bluetooth, WiFi work fine.
Is there any solution to check the GPS module, antennas or smth else?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-03-18-20-34-53[1].png
Views:	10
Size:	137.3 KB
ID:	2637377  

LS.xD
Old
Thanks Meter 585

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by acaplea View Post
Please help me to understand what kind of trouble with GPS could be?
The truth is that I got this phone as second hand with Vodafone ROM and not working GPS. I changed the rom on official HTC Europe 3.16, radio 1.11 - the same result no GPS. Of course i've tried different tools and tests (like GPS Status&Toolbox, GPS Test&Fix, etc), i've reset AGPS data, but unsuccesfully - the test finds satellites but can't fix connection with them to check my coordinates.
Next, I unlocked the phone, made S-off and installed the custom rom ViperOnes 3.1.2 with 1.20 radio, no changes... All other comms 3G, Bluetooth, WiFi work fine.
Is there any solution to check the GPS module, antennas or smth else?

Have you tried editing your gps.cfg accordig to your region/country?

acaplea
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default GPS doesn't work at all on any roms

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS.xD View Post
Have you tried editing your gps.cfg accordig to your region/country?
I have, I setup it for Europe zone. But from my experience I had before Desire X, which was in gps.cfg as "north_america" and GPS worked perfectly. As I know it may influence on connection time with satellites only, and I tested my problem OneS on open sky more than one hour...

LS.xD
Old
Thanks Meter 585

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by acaplea View Post
I have, I setup it for Europe zone. But from my experience I had before Desire X, which was in gps.cfg as "north_america" and GPS worked perfectly. As I know it may influence on connection time with satellites only, and I tested my problem OneS on open sky more than one hour...

quote:

"It is almost impossible to test a GPS Antenna without connecting it to a GPS receiver, so attempts to diagnose problems using a test-meter (or even a Spectrum Analyser) are at best pointless. In some cases, attempting to measure impedance at the Antenna connector can be fatal to the internal LNA, which is often a sensitive low-voltage Gallium-Arsenide semiconductor chip.

In particular it is essential that if RF cable-testing equipment is in use at a site, that the GPS Antenna is left disconnected from the cable until after all cable testing is complete. The power level required to destroy the LNA is very low. It is also important that the Receiver unit at the other end of the cable is disconnected during cable testing." read more --> http://www.spectracom.co.uk/Installa...0/Default.aspx
The Following User Says Thank You to LS.xD For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]