Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,471 Members 42,980 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] S4 GT-I9500 IMEI lost, no EFS backup. Help!

Tip us?

amit.talukdar
Old
(Last edited by amit.talukdar; 20th January 2014 at 10:54 PM.) Reason: Solved
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Unhappy [Q] S4 GT-I9500 IMEI lost, no EFS backup. Help!

Hi,
So i have the generic IMEI (004999010640000/01) on my device and I have no backup of the EFS. Can I get it Back? Thanks!

Edit: Actually, while installing a Custom ROM I ended up formatting all the partitions except ExtSD Card. I wanted a clean install :P and did not know that IMEI in android is on EFS. Dumb.. I know.

Solved

spamtrash
Old
Thanks Meter 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by amit.talukdar View Post
Hi,
So i have the generic IMEI (004999010640000/01) on my device and I have no backup of the EFS. Can I get it Back? Thanks!

Edit: Actually, while installing a Custom ROM I ended up formatting all the partitions except ExtSD Card. I wanted a clean install :P and did not know that IMEI in android is on EFS. Dumb.. I know.
Try to find the full stock ROM with the PIT file, and flash it with repartition.
Best case scenario: you will have efs restored
Worst case scenario: you will end with the stock ROM, without efs, ready to be sent out for WARRANTY repair

amit.talukdar
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Question EFS Floder deleted with no Backup

Quote:
Originally Posted by spamtrash View Post
Try to find the full stock ROM with the PIT file, and flash it with repartition.
Best case scenario: you will have efs restored
Worst case scenario: you will end with the stock ROM, without efs, ready to be sent out for WARRANTY repair
HI, Thanks for your reply. I already tried that.
I used adonis.pit & I9500XXUEMK9_I9500ODDEMK9_I9500DDUEMK9_HOME.tar. But no change in IMEI status. It is still the generic one.

But I was wondering... If it is a fact that there is no "Hardware" IMEI in this device and the IMEI is in the EFS folder. Then is there any way I can replace the generic imei with the original one?

spamtrash
Old
Thanks Meter 176
Quote:
I used adonis.pit & I9500XXUEMK9_I9500ODDEMK9_I9500DDUEMK9_HOME.tar. But no change in IMEI status. It is still the generic one.

But I was wondering... If it is a fact that there is no "Hardware" IMEI in this device and the IMEI is in the EFS folder. Then is there any way I can replace the generic imei with the original one?
You stated that you do not have backup => I assumed that no backup is available.
In SGS 4 there is nothing like hardware IMEI, bcs all info is stored at efs partition.

any try to force the "custom" efs upload would lead you to legal issues, so if you have successfully restored "stock" condition of your phone, I'd recommend you to go to service center claiming that it was the result of OTA update.

tripod74
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Here is an EFS backup/restore app from Play. Root needed.

Please click Thanks, if it was useful for you!

spamtrash
Old
Thanks Meter 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripod74 View Post
Here is an EFS backup/restore app from Play. Root needed.

Please click Thanks, if it was useful for you!
Have you ever imagined that the RESTORE option may exist only if the BACKUP was made before?
no? so, young Einstein, tell me please from what source the efs restore would originate?
your Pampers?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spamtrash For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tripod74
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Have you ever imagined that the RESTORE option may exist only if the BACKUP was made before?
no? so, young Einstein, tell me please from what source the efs restore would originate?
your Pampers?
Did I said that is will restore without backup? It is ment for the others reading this thread to backup quickly and safely, nothing else. Naturally, it can not create backup from the "fresh air". Hope you can solve your problem, I wish you a nice day.

Obagleyfreer
Old
Thanks Meter 777
Quote:
your Pampers?
OK, was there really the need to be such a dick?

And for the OP if you use the search button there is a thread pages pages long with detailed info and step by step terminal commands that might help you

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Premium HD app
GT-I9505

MistahBungle
Old
Thanks Meter 3205
He wasn't being a dick. People post some really stupid **** to threads without even reading OP's or putting their brain into gear first.

Spamtrash's point stands.
If it's important enough to cause you grief if it's lost, back it up. No excuses
Trolling for thanks is lame
Does Samsung's auto-brightness implementation crap drive you to self-harm ? A solution !
Failure to search is the leading cause of male impotence on XDA
If you don't know how to recover if things go wrong, what are you doing flashing custom roms ?

ankit2911gehlot
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
You stated that you do not have backup => I assumed that no backup is available.
In SGS 4 there is nothing like hardware IMEI, bcs all info is stored at efs partition.

any try to force the "custom" efs upload would lead you to legal issues, so if you have successfully restored "stock" condition of your phone, I'd recommend you to go to service center claiming that it was the result of OTA update.
thanks a lot.