Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Unhappy [Q] S4 GT-I9500 IMEI lost, no EFS backup. Help!

OP amit.talukdar

16th January 2014, 09:51 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

8 posts
Hi,
So i have the generic IMEI (004999010640000/01) on my device and I have no backup of the EFS. Can I get it Back? Thanks!

Edit: Actually, while installing a Custom ROM I ended up formatting all the partitions except ExtSD Card. I wanted a clean install :P and did not know that IMEI in android is on EFS. Dumb.. I know.

Solved
Last edited by amit.talukdar; 20th January 2014 at 11:54 PM. Reason: Solved
16th January 2014, 10:06 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 187

936 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by amit.talukdar

Hi,
So i have the generic IMEI (004999010640000/01) on my device and I have no backup of the EFS. Can I get it Back? Thanks!

Edit: Actually, while installing a Custom ROM I ended up formatting all the partitions except ExtSD Card. I wanted a clean install :P and did not know that IMEI in android is on EFS. Dumb.. I know.

Try to find the full stock ROM with the PIT file, and flash it with repartition.
Best case scenario: you will have efs restored
Worst case scenario: you will end with the stock ROM, without efs, ready to be sent out for WARRANTY repair
16th January 2014, 10:41 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

8 posts
Question EFS Floder deleted with no Backup
Quote:
Originally Posted by spamtrash

Try to find the full stock ROM with the PIT file, and flash it with repartition.
Best case scenario: you will have efs restored
Worst case scenario: you will end with the stock ROM, without efs, ready to be sent out for WARRANTY repair

HI, Thanks for your reply. I already tried that.
I used adonis.pit & I9500XXUEMK9_I9500ODDEMK9_I9500DDUEMK9_HOME.tar. But no change in IMEI status. It is still the generic one.

But I was wondering... If it is a fact that there is no "Hardware" IMEI in this device and the IMEI is in the EFS folder. Then is there any way I can replace the generic imei with the original one?
16th January 2014, 11:28 PM   |  #4  

936 posts
More
Quote:

I used adonis.pit & I9500XXUEMK9_I9500ODDEMK9_I9500DDUEMK9_HOME.tar. But no change in IMEI status. It is still the generic one.

But I was wondering... If it is a fact that there is no "Hardware" IMEI in this device and the IMEI is in the EFS folder. Then is there any way I can replace the generic imei with the original one?

You stated that you do not have backup => I assumed that no backup is available.
In SGS 4 there is nothing like hardware IMEI, bcs all info is stored at efs partition.

any try to force the "custom" efs upload would lead you to legal issues, so if you have successfully restored "stock" condition of your phone, I'd recommend you to go to service center claiming that it was the result of OTA update.
16th January 2014, 11:29 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
Thumbs up
Quote:

Here is an EFS backup/restore app from Play. Root needed.

Please click Thanks, if it was useful for you!
16th January 2014, 11:38 PM   |  #6  

936 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripod74

Here is an EFS backup/restore app from Play. Root needed.

Please click Thanks, if it was useful for you!

Have you ever imagined that the RESTORE option may exist only if the BACKUP was made before?
no? so, young Einstein, tell me please from what source the efs restore would originate?
your Pampers?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spamtrash For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th January 2014, 07:35 AM   |  #7  

7 posts
Quote:

Have you ever imagined that the RESTORE option may exist only if the BACKUP was made before?
no? so, young Einstein, tell me please from what source the efs restore would originate?
your Pampers?

Did I said that is will restore without backup? It is ment for the others reading this thread to backup quickly and safely, nothing else. Naturally, it can not create backup from the "fresh air". Hope you can solve your problem, I wish you a nice day.
17th January 2014, 07:39 AM   |  #8  
Flag Wellington
Thanks Meter: 785

1,844 posts
More
Quote:

your Pampers?

OK, was there really the need to be such a dick?

And for the OP if you use the search button there is a thread pages pages long with detailed info and step by step terminal commands that might help you

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Premium HD app
17th January 2014, 09:29 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 3,210

7,087 posts
He wasn't being a dick. People post some really stupid **** to threads without even reading OP's or putting their brain into gear first.

Spamtrash's point stands.
17th January 2014, 12:25 PM   |  #10  

10 posts
Quote:

You stated that you do not have backup => I assumed that no backup is available.
In SGS 4 there is nothing like hardware IMEI, bcs all info is stored at efs partition.

any try to force the "custom" efs upload would lead you to legal issues, so if you have successfully restored "stock" condition of your phone, I'd recommend you to go to service center claiming that it was the result of OTA update.

thanks a lot.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread