Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,077 Members 37,934 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

ATT i777 SGS2 on TMobile

Tip us?

ssmr2t
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 175
Default ATT i777 SGS2 on TMobile

Hello All-

I have Att i777 sim unlocked, and it is now on Tmobile svc.

Im not too sure about the APN settings I should put in there to make
sure I can send/ rcv MMS/Text/ Get the best possible data, etc...

Does anyone have any tips for me?

Thank you!
Alex

fcb1
Old
Thanks Meter 26
well i dont know the apn settings but the only data you can get from tmobile is their edge network

NJGSII
Old
Thanks Meter 322
Quote:
Originally Posted by fcb1 View Post
well i dont know the apn settings but the only data you can get from tmobile is their edge network
x2

You're only going to get their 2G data network cause the chipset in our phone doesn't support their 42MBPS HSPA network.
Current Devices:

AT&T HTC One M8

Former Devices:

Google LG Nexus 5
AT&T HTC One M7
AT&T Moto X
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S II
Google Asus Nexus 7
AT&T HTC One X
Apple iPhone 1st gen
Apple iPhone 3G
Apple iPhone 4
The Following User Says Thank You to NJGSII For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ssmr2t
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 175
Okay, thanks!

No big deal for me. I have 10mbps at home and T1 at office. Dont really need a fast phone.

Stupid att and their bull**** shnianigans. I told them they better fix their act up. Bull**** customer service reps that all say "I can only do so much" yadda yadda yadda... Guess what, I finally got my free phone from ATT (i777 out of contract) and canceled service immediately after and went to tmobile. I dont really give a rats ass about speed either. Reception is way better in my area which is all I need. I have a company cell phone for travel. Im still paying less for my phone and my wifes brand new phone with unlimited everything when compared to ATT and their piss poor service for the one line.

I plan to convert the whole company eventually as well. Which is going to be even funnier because one rep told me "Good luck trying that"... (I work for SONY)

See, the issue is, people get big and rich and think they are so bad ass and they think no one can touch them... This is what happened at my work. Now I have a better position, and I am still sticking to my roots. Let this be a lesson to everyone. Im just a stupid ass no body that gets business done
The Following User Says Thank You to ssmr2t For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mgd76
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Angry root that phone!

OP, you sound like the kind of guy who would get a sense of satisfaction each time a bloat-app gets deleted. I know I do...
Sent from my Galaxy S II running CM9
The Following User Says Thank You to mgd76 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ssmr2t
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgd76 View Post
OP, you sound like the kind of guy who would get a sense of satisfaction each time a bloat-app gets deleted. I know I do...
Pshhhhh that **** was rooted & sim unlocked before the fedex driver left my driveway. I was planning this since nov last year just waiting to get back from japan. Now AOKP on T-Mobile...and I'm getting att spam mail ever since lol

MaxRabbit
Old
Thanks Meter 194
Hey friend, I have a magicsim adapter and have both AT&T and T-Mobile. I've had no problems with the following for working data and voice (not tried mms).

http://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-1976

Also, fair warning, if you're roaming in AT&T's network (which is practically everywhere I go since T-mo sucks), you won't have a data connection of any sort. You can tell which network you're actually on if you go into "About phone -> Status"
Addicted to Cyanogenmod
Stock voice recorder leave you wanting? Literally hear my review of the best Android voice recorder.
"I came here to drink milk and kick ass... And I've just finished my milk."

jthatch12
Old
Thanks Meter 1,376

DONATE TO ME
Why even bother using T-Mobile if I don't mind asking. Ever since At&t backed out on buying T-Mobile, I don't see the point of even using them as a carrier, yes I know at&t sold them bandwidth for roaming on their network so your service will get better. But why T-Mobile?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

Running Beanstalk w/ STi Kernel

Find me on Nasioc, jthatch12

yoyochuckd
Old
Thanks Meter 2
tmos website will give u all apns
coverage is worse. at least in my area

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using XDA

ssmr2t
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by jthatch12 View Post
Why even bother using T-Mobile if I don't mind asking. Ever since At&t backed out on buying T-Mobile, I don't see the point of even using them as a carrier, yes I know at&t sold them bandwidth for roaming on their network so your service will get better. But why T-Mobile?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
Well, I went from paying about 150ish a month for 2 lines to 100 a month for 2 lines. I dont need extraordinary service just to say "Good morning Sweetie" to my wife and text message grocery lists and ****