Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,619 Members 46,847 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Well, f@#k Verizon

Tip us?

Phaded
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 357
Default Well, f@#k Verizon

So I send a phone in for replacement. Today my bill shows a $300 device charge. I call... apparently a singular scratch on the screen warrants a $300 damaged device charge. Not a crack, a gouge, A SINGLE SMALL SURFACE SCRATCH!

Talked to numerous reps and managers. They will not reverse the charge. Tried explaining that I would pay the insurance claim charge had I known a scratch would warrant the charge.

So as of an hour ago, I am a T-Mobile customer. My nexus 5 arrives in a few days.

This community has been great and I hope the great development continues for this wonderful phone.

I'll still lurk and help in my thread and with issues, but I'm out yo.
HTC DNA
My phone does phone things
The Following User Says Thank You to Phaded For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

WEM97
Old
Thanks Meter 836

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaded View Post
So I send a phone in for replacement. Today my bill shows a $300 device charge. I call... apparently a singular scratch on the screen warrants a $300 damaged device charge. Not a crack, a gouge, A SINGLE SMALL SURFACE SCRATCH!

Talked to numerous reps and managers. They will not reverse the charge. Tried explaining that I would pay the insurance claim charge had I known a scratch would warrant the charge.

So as of an hour ago, I am a T-Mobile customer. My nexus 5 arrives in a few days.

This community has been great and I hope the great development continues for this wonderful phone.

Yeah Verizon's head is way too far up it's ass. I'm going to be an AT&T customer next upgrade I save $171 roughly a month too and gain another 2 to my 8 gb's of data.

Device: MOTOROLA DROID Ultra
Rom:Stock Obake 21.11.21 || 4.4.4
Kernel:3.4.42 Stock
CPU OC: None || GPU OC: None
Recovery: Stock
SOUNDCLOUD
▃ ▅ ▆ █ EVEROLVE █ ▆ ▅ ▃

.torrented
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1471

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaded View Post

Also jumping ship at the end of my contract in november, keeping the dna as my phone till i can afford a new one, but yeah not sticking around for high prices and crap CS
The Following User Says Thank You to .torrented For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ickedmel
Old
Thanks Meter 213
I can't believe Verizon did that ridiculous

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Jaggar345
Old
Thanks Meter 151
I'm also going to AT&T after my upgrade runs out.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Phaded
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 357
Quote:
Originally Posted by .torrented View Post
Also jumping ship at the end of my contract in november, keeping the dna as my phone till i can afford a new one, but yeah not sticking around for high prices and crap CS
I only had to put like $75 down on the phone and it's $14 a month. Not too bad. Plus I can upgrade whenever. And T-Mobile gets Nexus so peace Verizon!
HTC DNA

Yehudah
Old
Thanks Meter 32
There are always two sides of any story. The fact is that VZW has the largest footprint and the best service of all the carriers - I don't think the stats would lie about that. That said, you get what you pay for. If you pay $14 a month for service, you are going to get your $14 worth.

I've had my share of problems with VZW, but my problems with TMo and Sprint were worse. Overall, VZW has done me right - and I've done some stupid crap and expected to get jacked up by them - and didn't.

My contract is up next week. My DNA is still as good as any phone out there, better than most, way better.

I'd like to know the entire story by the OP, the whole thing. VZW wouldn't charge you for no real reason - in the last 10 years I've had them, I've never seen them do this. And in my experience as a Federal IT guy with close ties to these carriers federal contracts - charging for no reason just doesn't happen.
VZW HTC ONE - ROM Flashing Addiction
Asus Transformer Infinity TF700T - Pacman 4.4.4

There are guys on this site that always go the extra mile. Take a second to thank them, they do it because the want to, not because the have to.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Yehudah For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mopartonyg
Old
Thanks Meter 150
Sorry to see u go Phaded, good luck. I am going to check them all out in nov also. really love my DNA though, so much great stuff going on right now.

Nightwraith
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Add me to the list of people jumping ship at the end of the contract.

Phaded
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yehudah View Post
There are always two sides of any story. The fact is that VZW has the largest footprint and the best service of all the carriers - I don't think the stats would lie about that. That said, you get what you pay for. If you pay $14 a month for service, you are going to get your $14 worth.

I've had my share of problems with VZW, but my problems with TMo and Sprint were worse. Overall, VZW has done me right - and I've done some stupid crap and expected to get jacked up by them - and didn't.

My contract is up next week. My DNA is still as good as any phone out there, better than most, way better.

I'd like to know the entire story by the OP, the whole thing. VZW wouldn't charge you for no real reason - in the last 10 years I've had them, I've never seen them do this. And in my experience as a Federal IT guy with close ties to these carriers federal contracts - charging for no reason just doesn't happen.
The $14 a month for for the phone, not service.

And that was the entire story. They are literally charging me $300 for a single surface scratch because "no physical damage can be on the phone"

In my area, Tmo has glorious service, so **** em
HTC DNA